D3, D3S or D4S

Thanks to All for posting - lost of interesting stuff

I'm intending a switch from canon to Nikon. There just seems to be more sense to the range.

Currently using the 5 MkII's but thinking I'll switch to a d800 and a d4 for weddings and then maybe a df just to scratch my hipster itch.

My logic - flawed though it may be - is that d800 has the large file sizes If I need it and is considerably cheaper than the d4 but a d4 will give me speed/potentially better low light performance/a wee bit more robust(?) and not lumbered with 36mp files. Covers all the bases.

Canons range doesn't seem to cover things in the same way and with Sigma lenses coming up so well in reviews its just not worth it to stay with mega expensive L Glass just cos its L.

Have many of you buys bought from Panamoz who are selling the D800 for £1486 and the D800E for £1677 less 5% if you pay by Bank Transfer - including VAT, delivery and a "free" 2 UK Warranty - so that's less than £1,600 for a D800E

Are they OK?

Have many of you buys bought from Panamoz who are selling the D800 for £1486 and the D800E for £1677 less 5% if you pay by Bank Transfer - including VAT, delivery and a "free" 2 UK Warranty - so that's less than £1,600 for a D800E

Are they OK?
Theyre fine, spent about £5000 with them

Get on with it & man up! :LOL:

(good luck btw :D )

Thank you for that - most encouraging and it will really go down well following the recent purchase of a Nikon 300mm f2.8VR and a TC20E lll - plus the brochures that I have got on a birding holiday to Ecuador, (although she did say after our month in S Africa in January that "this is the last time I am going on holiday with you if you spend all day bird watching") - at least I have just ordered a Stealth hide so I can take my tea and sandwiches up into the garden and eat them in peace in the hide.

Last edited:

Are they OK?

I bought from Panamoz. D800E. No problems... highly recommended.

Thank you for that - most encouraging and it will really go down well following the recent purchase of a Nikon 300mm f2.8VR and a TC20E lll - plus the brochures that I have got on a birding holiday to Ecuador, (although she did say after our month in S Africa in January that "this is the last time I am going on holiday with you if you spend all day bird watching") - at least I have just ordered a Stealth hide so I can take my tea and sandwiches up into the garden and eat them in peace in the hide.

:LOL:

Mind you, if you do carry on, you may also be sleeping in the stealth-hide.......permanently! ;)

Back