D300 a big step up from a D80?

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
No
Am thinking of upgrading from a Nikon D80 to a Nikon D300. Do you think it's worth it? How does the D300 perform at higher ISO compared to the D80? Is the image quality of the D300 better than the D80? The other upgrade option would be a D90, I'm assuming the D300 would be a better choice but do you agree?

It's a huge leap from a D80 to a D300, both in terms of build and image quality. I used to think my D80 was a good, solid camera, but after I upgraded I had the chance to use one again and it felt like a toy after the D300!

Both the D300 and D90 are also streets ahead of the D80 when it comes to high iso work.

I did the D80-D300 jump, HUGE difference. I don't think you can really compare the two, and I'd definitely recommend it if the D80 is starting to feel restrictive.

I can't comment on the D90, I haven't paid any attention to it.

Am thinking of upgrading from a Nikon D80 to a Nikon D300. Do you think it's worth it? How does the D300 perform at higher ISO compared to the D80? Is the image quality of the D300 better than the D80? The other upgrade option would be a D90, I'm assuming the D300 would be a better choice but do you agree?

Both the D90 and D300 will be an upgrade in terms of High ISO performance, there's no difference with either in terms of IQ (both an improvement over a D80 IMO).

If you like the size of your current camera, the D90 will seem like 2nd nature to you. If you want a more sophisticated AF system or want old AI-S lenses to meter correctly, go for the D300.

It's a huge leap from a D80 to a D300, both in terms of build and image quality. I used to think my D80 was a good, solid camera, but after I upgraded I had the chance to use one again and it felt like a toy after the D300!

Both the D300 and D90 are also streets ahead of the D80 when it comes to high iso work.

I say the same thing about the D300 and D40X. Told the missus I would still use the D40X, haha, have not touched it since... :)

Just upgraded from a D90 - great though the D90 is, the D300 is a beast and I love it!

Is there much between the D90 and the D300's high ISO performance in your experience?

Little, if anything the D90 is slighter cleaner at the higher ISO's (thought to be because of the newer technology). As I mentioned IQ is indistinguishable between the D90 and D300.

i love my D300 and i love my D80

but the D300 is so much better....

wow

i love it

fantastic

oh my god

it great

i could go on and ON

I seriously think the D300 will be in time to come be regarded as an icon camera.

guess what I use?

hi - ive just this week upgraded from D70 to D300, OMG...what a camera! its leaps and bounds ahead of the D70 but its funny because ive found the transition to the D300 easy, so far! the menus are similar and its not as mind bloggling as i expected! im sure i will be on here asking questions about features over time! go for the D300...you wont regret it! also, its gone down in price by £50 due to D300S arrival! :))

Back