D700 and grip battery issues

Edit My Images
No
Just purchased a D700 and grip and have an issue.
I've set it to use grip battery then body battery but when the grip battery dies it completely powers down.
I have to remove the grip battery for it to use the body battery.
This can't be right can it?
Surely the change over should be seamless as has been the case with my D80, D200 and Fuji S5 Pro.

Help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Is the battery in the body an original or 3rd party... Does it fit properly as had a look on the net and some have mentioned that the battery in the body "rattles" and doesn't fit snuggly...

Take it that when the grips off the it all works fine..

Firmware upto date :shrug: been mentioned as well on the net.....

Is the grip fitted properly - a few have mentioned that as well... Also a few have mentioned dirty contacts....

Tried swapping the batteries around - does it still do it :shrug:

A few suggestions there.... Not saying that they're fixers only going by what others have mentioned thats all....

Thanks for the replies.
Everything is Nikon originals, all batteries and grip.
All batteries fit snug with no rattles, first thing I thought was dirt so gave everything a thorough clean.
The connections are obviously ok though as the battery in the grip works fine and when that dies, the battery in the camera also works fine, as long as I remove the dead battery from the grip first.

Am I correct in thinking the change should be seamless?

It should be seamless yes. When the battery in the grip is being used you will see a 'BP' next to the battery power level indicator. When that dies the 'BP' just disappears and thats when you know the battery inside the body is being used.

Thought so, the BP is on but when that battery reaches empty the camera powers down and the battery indicator flashes until I remove the dead battery.
Clearly an issue but trying to explain this to Nikon...

Happened with my MB10 and one of my Meike grips, other is fine. Changed grips on bodies,batteries, setting the lot, just got used to it now............:shrug:

Back