D90 Commander Mode

Edit My Images
Yes
Sounds silly but for the life of me I can't get my D90 and SB600 to work in commander mode - the instructions are a little lacking (Or I have yet to find the correct page!) so I wondered if any kind sole could point me in the right direction?

I've got the flash mode set to C(Flash symbol) but I'm not getting a dicky bird out of it?

:help:

Sounds silly but for the life of me I can't get my D90 and SB600 to work in commander mode - the instructions are a little lacking (Or I have yet to find the correct page!) so I wondered if any kind sole could point me in the right direction?

I've got the flash mode set to C(Flash symbol) but I'm not getting a dicky bird out of it?

:help:

Sounds fishy to me :naughty:

What settings have you got the 600 on?

page 188 gives all the settings. I have been playing around with counting the flashes for different settings of the onboard flash. Its fantastic Normally you get 2 or maybe 3 depending on the camera.

Nice pun btw Flashy...:LOL: I can't make head nor tail of what the issue may be here? :help:

Uncle Ken actually speaks some sense when it comes to commander mode/flash settings. Have a look here.

Nice pun btw Flashy...:LOL: I can't make head nor tail of what the issue may be here? :help:

Uncle Ken actually speaks some sense when it comes to commander mode/flash settings. Have a look here.

Yep, I followed Uncle Ken's advice and it works perfectly. He is an enigma is Ken, sometimes talks gibberish and then at other times great pearls of wisdom. :thinking:

Andy

Within the flash menu e2, you have comander selected as shown by the symbol C(flash). In the next menu step, theres groups and channels.

Channels are important if theres a couple of cameras operating flashes near by, as this saves you firing everyone elses flash if your on different channels. Select channel 1.

Groups. You have the posibility of having 2 seperate groups, so you can have different power settings . Set the inbuilt flash to "-" which turns it off ( note it will still fire the commander signals to make the off cam flashes work) Make sure Group A is set to TTL comp 0. If you only have one flash, it doesn't realy matter what group B is set to.

Next, make sure the SB600 is set to slave mode and receiving channel 1 and group A. you need the see a wigly arrow on the display to indicate slave mode. Holding Zoom and - together will enter the setup menu. Once in the menu, scroll through the option by using the + or - buttons. Use the Zoom button to change the state of functions from Off to On. Press the on/off button to escape back to the display screen.

Use the mode button, then + or - to adjust the channel and group to 1 A

So long as the infra red sensor on the r/h side of the flash can see the camera flash ( flash needs to be up) , it should work.

:coat:Cheers guys.

I can't believe I spelt soul wrong - oh my Cod!:coat:

Back