Daimler Dart

Love the car and the location. A little tlc on the body buffing would have enhanced it even more :)

beautiful motor and really suits the hdr

Nice to see an old classic on the road.

The ones I have seen in the past all had wire wheels and where hubcaps on steel rims instead I thought they were centre mounted caps not the "modern" covers this one is wearing now that are trying to mimic wires ;)

Thanks

this is my very first go at HDR, Im using the photomatix free trial and this wasn't a set up shoot I just came by the car parked up in the street on a day out to the coast the other day, couldn't believe my luck though when it was just sitting there waiting for me lol.

You would be suprised what I've cloned out of this shot, a palm tree was smack in front of the car and a sign to the left, also some photomatix watermarks that you get on the trial version, The image is made up of 7 shots taken on my D200 in bracket mode, I'll post one of them up later today, I think it could have been a lot better if I had a tripod with me and a superwide angle lens...

Last edited:
Wow nice car!, and the picture is good too, you've done a good job on cloning then I'd like to see a straight shot of the car instead of hdr too though.?

excellent shot :) Love the reflection in the bodywork, and looks really good as HDR too, suits the subject pretty well

Last edited:
Have to say I prefer the original RAW file. When those cars first came out the police in Sutton Surrey had 2 of them as on test for the national police force. They operated on the Sutton bypass as From Rosehill to far as the Banstead traffic lights. When you consider that the average motorist had Morris Minors or Austin A series or Ford 100e or MG midget,s then these Daimler Darts were something else.

Realspeed

Last edited:
Back