Dancers at the Edinburgh Mela.

Name
jaime
Edit My Images
Yes
These are a few snaps I took at the Edinburgh, I was trying for the first time to take some moving images rather than posed shots. As always any comments appreciated. Cheers.:)
indian_dancers_3.jpg

indian_dancer.jpg

puppets.jpg

what camera and settings did you use?

Looks like a great event.
Most of the images seen very soft/blurry to me. 1/1000 is fast enough to prevent that but I wonder if the resulting wide aperture of F2.8 didnt give enough depth of field to keep everything in focus.
You have to balance the two..... enough speed for capturing movement but also enough dof to keep things sharp too. hope that helps.

Janice

You have caught some interesting subjects there but I can't get past the poor quality of the images. Looking at the camera specs I'm sure it can produce good quality so I don't understand why these are so fuzzy. Maybe it is the 'action' auto program (according to the exif) that you used?

They have a high iso / low light look to them.

yeah i cant understand why they are so grainy, are they crops from a larger image?

yeah i cant understand why they are so grainy, are they crops from a larger image?

Yeah they are crops, is there any way of cropping without the pics becoming grainy? The photo quality is quite poor I think, haven't had much practice with my digital camera. Pity I can't shoot them again. Thanks for the input it's all very helpful.

Hmmm... depends on what editing software you're using and what camera setting you have set. Some more info would be good then we can start steering you in the right direction.

Take some more stuff and post it up for destructive... errr... I mean constructive criticism...

Hmmm... depends on what editing software you're using and what camera setting you have set. Some more info would be good then we can start steering you in the right direction.

Take some more stuff and post it up for destructive... errr... I mean constructive criticism...

Cheers will do.:)

If you post links to the full size shots, maybe we could try and crop them for you :). See what might help better.

Back