Dartmoor winter

JPL

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Lydford Tor and Beardown Man standing stone.

beardownman.jpg

lydfordtor.jpg

lydfordtor2.jpg

Fantastic set. Very bleak, very cold. You've kept amazing detail in the snow - your exposure is bang on.

Thanks for the comments. It was a bit chilly showing -4 when I got back to the car and that was out of the breeze that was blowing on the top.

Nice one John, love number one, cracking shot. I was up on Dartmoor on Saturday but didn't wander too far into the mist on my own.

Cracking shots these. Particularly love the shot of the stone, I have never seen it in snow and the additional texture brings a lot to the scene. I like the seemingly drab conditions too, they really add to the sense of bleakness. Well done for getting all the way out there!

Thanks for looking. Gary within an hour of the image at beardown man, the sun was out and completely blue skies for an hour!

Hi Alex, as you will know not easy walking out there. The ground was frozen but not enough to take your weight all the time so did not know with each step if I was going through into the marsh or not still a good day on the moor seeing only two other people :)

Lovely set of images, well done for going out there on such a harsh day and pressing the trigger
Dave

Back