weekly David's 52+2 for 2014 - SHAPE

HI David

Action hero nu 1....being on the left works for me , sharp , bright , brilliant DOF....cracking image :clap:

Mono......this one I want on the left of the picture :exit:Good detail , sharp & the shadow works nicely ( is that why the camera's on the rhs of the image - shadow behind instead of infront ?)

Good detail David (y), a little undecided on the pov though...:thinking:...possibly a little lower for me :)

Action - they both made me smile, but I'm a bigger fan of Spidey then Capt America, so it's got to be the second one for me :)

Mono - nice detail and the slightly blurred shadow and graining on the desk add to the interest.

Nicely lit on the little camera... head and shoulders above the other shot on your flickr with the lens closed up!

Is there much detail on the top edge of the camera?? If there is, I'd be asking for a tad more light on top to pick them out.

Thanks peeps, appreciated.

The xf1 has as much detail on the top as you can see, a little flash, a mode dial and the shutter button. It also says xf1, but that's not really worth bothering with, is it?

The other shot was actually the first shot I did, never even thought about having the lens open then tried a few different things with it.

Is this 'meh' a modern word?..........its only the other week I had to 'google it' to find out what it meant! :D

Doesn't do a great deal for mi though David, its a bit too busy, don't think it helps not knowing what it is .........wicker basket maybe?
shrug.gif

Edit.....nah, after another look......forget the wicker basket guess :confused:

Last edited:
Oh that would be a shame if you do drop out :( but I did like your etc pics and will hop in there and take a look...fascinating topics and a huge learning curve.

I'm not too keen on the twisted it just lacks impact for me, but I do like your Fresh, you've managed to keep the sharpness in the raindrop against the softness of the leaf, very nice.

Cheers Susie, appreciate your comment. A little bit of selective processing for the rain drop... :LOL:

I really struggled with the twisted theme, mind just went blank and that abomination is the result. :D

Cheers.

Twisted works for me. The processing really adds to it.

Crit, well because there is no focus point, and that doesn't not who me at all, if like to see it all in focus.

Doing the TP52 and ETC isn't easy but I hope which ever you do, you enjoy (y)

Great image for fresh David, focus on the 'running' drop is good, processing works well (y)

Missed your Fresh, like it. It has a 70s feel to it which works for me. Nice lens flare as well.

Slight vignette would work, I feel.

Cheers.

Hi David

Twisted...on theme ...I thought it was fishing bait when I 1st saw it ! I do like the lighting & contrastiness of it :)

Fresh...really like the pp on this one , very retro feel to it...I reckon that would look good with a slight crop from the bottom then framed :clap:

Shape.....really want to like this one........but it doesn't sit easy on my eye...sorry

Action - I like the rim lighting plus the minuscule amount of ground showing at the bottom. Even the background colour is nice for this. #1 works much better than #2 in my opinion

Mono - Real high quality conversion. I'd normally say the camera should be facing the negative space but on this occasion the shadow fills the gap perfectly. I do like this one.

Twisted - This doesn't say twisted to me but I do like the conversion you've given it

Fresh - Not sure about the processing on this one

Shape - I think I'm with Lynne on this one. It's not one that I'd stay looking at too long.

Back