Dawlish trying different PP hot sure yet?

Chaz Photos

Jack Elam
Name
Chaz
Edit My Images
Yes
Trying out some different PP not sure how its working
C&C

6833241624_2f6aca586b_o.jpg

i personaly love the high contrast.
i think it makes the picture

boy 32 views and not one comment.. what happened to this site.

It seems strange that you should complain that no-one has commented on your photo after only two hours, and thirty-odd views...why?

My thoughts; I like to composition the way everything starts/finishes top right but I don't like the PP, too much loss of detail in the shadows.

It seems strange that you should complain that no-one has commented on your photo after only two hours, and thirty-odd views...why?

My thoughts; I like to composition the way everything starts/finishes top right but I don't like the PP, too much loss of detail in the shadows.
Thanks you for your thoughts, as for detail in the shadow I think if there need to be detail then have it BUT at times there is no need for detail if it has nothing to add to the image, I know if your at camera club may judges will say things like that BUT as a Judge myself you not hear it from me, unless I think it would add to an image.

I was trying to say in the early days oh TP you would have lots of comments from people who viewed your photos on here But over the last year or so it has fallen off and I think may of the member have left or just don't come on any more. there was a time where it got a bit out of hand and there was slapped wrist and I think this caused the start of the change, Its a shame but a fact

Sorry Chaz I have to completely disagree there. You can't count views against replies for a start as 1 view count does not always equal 1 person looking, that's why we removed it.
As for 'What happened'....well, at the risk of being incredibly blunt....I think its because it's, IMO, not very good.

Overkilled with post processing if I was to be brutally honest. However, going from past experience when you've been informed of what others would describe as a visual assault on the retinas, you've just come back completely ignored what people have said and repeated your own opinion.

Photography is subjective, and I'm all for everyone's opinion being valid, but when your name hits the top of the list of RTM's that usually start with "OMG, my eyes, what's he done to that photo?" you have to wonder.

Personally, for this image, the over contrast kills it, in particular the dead black area. It doesn't necessary need detail, but it draws my eye to it, and I'm no longer looking at a peaceful beach scene, I'm staring into the abyss of a black hole next to a fence and I just can't look away :)

boy 32 views and not one comment.. what happened to this site.

Could well be whenever I comment on your pics you get all grumpy and tell me I don't know what I am talking about and I should get my already calibrated monitor calibrated. :shrug:

Again with this one, my personal opinion is that you have once again overkilled the processing by bunging all kinds of sliders / whatever to the max, instead of subtle changes.

At the end of the day there's not an awful lot of interest in (the content of) it, and I am frankly struggling to categorise it as a landscape - other than it is orientated that way and has some land in it. :thinking:

It's people walking along the beach with little or no foreground composition, and whilst I don't abide by the "rules of photography" as it is all subjective, as overarching guidelines and principles I think a lot of them hold true - it just isn't working for me.

I'd love to see the original before you got to town on it, and for you to talk us through what you did and why.....

Lynton

Last edited:
Sorry Chaz I have to completely disagree there. You can't count views against replies for a start as 1 view count does not always equal 1 person looking, that's why we removed it.
As for 'What happened'....well, at the risk of being incredibly blunt....I think its because it's, IMO, not very good.

Overkilled with post processing if I was to be brutally honest. However, going from past experience when you've been informed of what others would describe as a visual assault on the retinas, you've just come back completely ignored what people have said and repeated your own opinion.

Photography is subjective, and I'm all for everyone's opinion being valid, but when your name hits the top of the list of RTM's that usually start with "OMG, my eyes, what's he done to that photo?" you have to wonder.

Personally, for this image, the over contrast kills it, in particular the dead black area. It doesn't necessary need detail, but it draws my eye to it, and I'm no longer looking at a peaceful beach scene, I'm staring into the abyss of a black hole next to a fence and I just can't look away :)

Could well be whenever I comment on your pics you get all grumpy and tell me I don't know what I am talking about and I should get my already calibrated monitor calibrated. :shrug:

Again with this one, my personal opinion is that you have once again overkilled the processing by bunging all kinds of sliders / whatever to the max, instead of subtle changes.

At the end of the day there's not an awful lot of interest in (the content of) it, and I am frankly struggling to categorise it as a landscape - other than it is orientated that way and has some land in it. :thinking:

It's people walking along the beach with little or no foreground composition, and whilst I don't abide by the "rules of photography" as it is all subjective, as overarching guidelines and principles I think a lot of them hold true - it just isn't working for me.

I'd love to see the original before you got to town on it, and for you to talk us through what you did and why.....

Lynton

:agree: It does look like an overkill to me Chaz, but in saying that it sure makes Dawlish Beach look better than it does in real life :D ;)

I like it spent many a happy day there on my holidays as a youth

Have to agree with the others, it just looks very messy and dark. no clarity or points of interest, also I would agree that the reason you might not get many comments is that you don't take them very well.

Sorry, but to me it looks as if its just been recovered from a fire:shrug:, way to dark in places which has amounted to total loss in detail, and unless the sand actually is that color, it looks more like soil from my back garden, possibly just the screen im viewing from though.
They composition works well as does the effect on the water
Would also of liked to see some sky

Last edited:
Back