Dawn on the rooftop of Wales

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Hi All

Another walk up to the summit in the dark for sunrise; and one I'am addicted to for sure, just having the rooftop of Wales to yourself watching the sun rise on a new day is complete solitude, great place to be.

Can Just make out the two hill walkers LHS on the ridge heading to Crib Goch

Thank you for viewing and C+C welcomed

Kevin​

Last edited:
Great set. I am a fan of the last one... Although number 3 is the sort of thing I would have in my hallway. I am a fan of having things like your gear in the picture as it can make it personal and brings your hobby into it.

Wow - shot 2 is monumental!
Hope that has the potential to be printed big as it truly deserves it.

I've bivvied two times on the trig point with the tripod set up over the bag.
It's pretty special up there at dawn :)

What a great set. Makes me want to be a better photographer.
Thanks

Stunning pictures but I cannot decide between No2 and 4. I feel the light on the clouds is great.

Thank you all much appreciated, I think it will struggle if printed large Duncan due to the lower half, the image is rather degraded due to the light hitting them shadows (y)

That last one is one of those...wow, I wish I did that ones...

I know you could have included all the sun but you'd lose the rest of the sky and tones on the RHS and lost the proportion of sky, peaks on the bottom. Its unimprovable from what I see. A bit like the second then, tad tightly cropped but there is no wasted space and the lighting and atmosphere is hard to beat.

1 and 3 are good, but not 2 and 4 good.

1 I suspect you could resolve a bit more detail in and would wager if you cloned the bird out, it might be better. The third is a true photographers photo, it tells the story of the others. Being churlish, if you had took a picture with the camera on the tripod in three, I reckon you;d have had another winner.

Lovely shots Kevin. One of those morning where there were photos everywhere !!

Walking up there while it's still dark is a gamble......it has paid off on this occasion. It's shot 4 for me. Oh, and those summit seagulls. Do they ever sleep ??

Thank you all very much indeed; for your feedback; when heading to the summit I tend to give myself three hours; which enables me plenty of time to get comfortable with a nice hot brew from my gas cooker which is the first thing I pack when heading off into the hills lol and plenty if warm clothing which makes a huge difference when photographing.

Thanks all

Kevin

Not sure on number one, but it does identify where they were taken from. Getting those shots must have made the climb worth while :)

Stunning set, all 4 , but 2nd & last really do it for me.

Thanks you for sharing.

Really good shots, every one of them! I love number 3 though, the lighting and comp are perfect imo.

I don't have any crit.
But 2 and 4 are breathtaking for me.

Back