Critique Day Dream

I like the tones and black cut off. Quite dreamy.
how would it look if the floor line was horizontal? And the left toe could be all in the frame, or cropped a bit more.

Last edited:
I like the tones and black cut off. Quite dreamy.
how would it look if the floor line was horizontal? And the left toe could be all in the frame, or cropped a bit more.
I will address this again , with the flooring etc. Thank you for your time in responding

I do like the picture Scott, she's a beautiful lady, she has a lovely expression and pose but I do think that there are framing and content issues which you could possibly address next time. The most distracting things for me being the cropped toe and what seems to be a spot on the wall above and slightly to the left of her bottom. The flooring and bamboo etc don't bother me so much but I can see how some would notice.

One thing I try to remember to do is to really look at what I'm seeing and what the camera is going to capture. There's a lot to do and think about though in what could be a limited time.

Having said all that I do like the picture and would like to say, well done, I enjoyed seeing it.

As @woof woof as stated of it were mine I would be miffed about the toe cut off. That said my gut unstinct when I first seen the image was that's a lovely photod the light on the skin really does give it a tactile look.
I'm not good at explaining why I like something but I do like this.

Well done.

Gaz

@woof woof Thank you for your time commenting on this image, your points are valued. With only 6 min to take the photo's composition on some has let me down. I have plenty others but some I don't think are suitable to show, nothing explicit other than full nude on the chaise long . Will look at addressing these with the same style etc.I think

As @woof woof as stated of it were mine I would be miffed about the toe cut off. That said my gut unstinct when I first seen the image was that's a lovely photod the light on the skin really does give it a tactile look.
I'm not good at explaining why I like something but I do like this.

Well done.

Gaz
@cargo , looking at the image I do like the colouring of the image , I will look at other photo's to see if the toe is in shot. With limited time of 6 min I felt this particular set was rushed by myself hence the missing toe

It's very nice, there's lots to like. And it's a gazillion times better than my early attempts at studio photography.

The framing is a bit off. Have you got another in the set which is better? Alternatively, make it look deliberate by cropping a bit tighter & straightening up.

I don't mind the bamboo at all - there are a couple of minor bits and pieces I'd clone out but not loads. (The marks on the paper, the one horizontal bamboo leaf, the skin folds at the side and the bruises on the legs.)

The lifted black point isn't too my taste but that's not to say it's wrong.

The thing I don't like about it isn't fixable by processing.. when models look at the light like this it's as if they or the photographer don't know what else to do. The pose also looks to be putting a fair bit of effort into the neck and left shoulder. It'd have looked much more dreamy if you asked her to fold her arms lightly and then lay her head on her arms.

It's very nice, there's lots to like. And it's a gazillion times better than my early attempts at studio photography.

The framing is a bit off. Have you got another in the set which is better? Alternatively, make it look deliberate by cropping a bit tighter & straightening up.

I don't mind the bamboo at all - there are a couple of minor bits and pieces I'd clone out but not loads. (The marks on the paper, the one horizontal bamboo leaf, the skin folds at the side and the bruises on the legs.)

The lifted black point isn't too my taste but that's not to say it's wrong.

The thing I don't like about it isn't fixable by processing.. when models look at the light like this it's as if they or the photographer don't know what else to do. The pose also looks to be putting a fair bit of effort into the neck and left shoulder. It'd have looked much more dreamy if you asked her to fold her arms lightly and then lay her head on her arms.
@juggler , Thank you for your constructive comments most appreciated. I have other images as previously mentioned so will work on them. The bruises that you pointed out on her legs I hadn't given a thought good spot. The fact she is a kick boxer would I suppose cause a lot of skin blemished which need to be sorted (y)

@juggler , Thank you for your constructive comments most appreciated. I have other images as previously mentioned so will work on them. The bruises that you pointed out on her legs I hadn't given a thought good spot. The fact she is a kick boxer would I suppose cause a lot of skin blemished which need to be sorted (y)
Most nude models are fairly physical people.. Ayla is no exception, I've photographed her a couple of times.

Back