Critique Daydreaming about being Supergirl

Super! :)

This is fantastic, you haven't gone over the top with the effects and they add nicely to the story behind the image.

I think it is overall very good.
Personally, I'm not fond of pulling the waistline down/away by the belt loops. I think it contributes to an impression of "belly." I'm also not fond of the belly button jewelry in this image.

Thats pretty special.... love the colour tones in the background and the lighting is beautiful except the patch on her hair at the back but doesn't really detract for me.... lovely!

I think it is overall very good.
Personally, I'm not fond of pulling the waistline down/away by the belt loops. I think it contributes to an impression of "belly." I'm also not fond of the belly button jewelry in this image.

Blimey, you need to see some of the 'bellies' on the females I see everywhere.

This is a delightful shot, fun and thought provoking, super work.

Last edited:
Nicely done- shame about the blown area on her hair, I still love it though

Les

The toning & (fake?) leaves are very pretty and the lighting is nice but I think it would be worth toning down the hotspot on her chest. My eye goes straight there. The fact that she is looking down too really puts the focus on her breasts rather than her face.

But maybe that's what you intended?

Think it's excellent in all honesty and it grabbed my attention on the front banner enough for me to make my first ever post in this section of the forum :)

Superb image!

I can't fault the image tbh.
Only minor one from me is I'm not too keen on body piercings but in her case.... mods watch out!

The toning & (fake?) leaves are very pretty and the lighting is nice but I think it would be worth toning down the hotspot on her chest. My eye goes straight there. The fact that she is looking down too really puts the focus on her breasts rather than her face.

But maybe that's what you intended?
That and the hotspot on the rim light. I'd tone that rim down at least a 1 1/2 stops. Really like the shot other than that.

Its a portrait of contrasts, the soft almost dreamy feel is juxtaposition by harsh light in places. Still I do like the look of this and the pose of the model.

Back