"Daylight Darkness" - My first 7D adventure!

Edit My Images
Yes
After constant terrible weather for the past 3 days, I decided to get up early this morning to catch the couple of hours with no rain forecast. FINALLY I got to use my new 7D!

It turns out my favourite shot from the outing was taken under cover though, typical! :LOL:

Here it is anyway...

Daylight Darkness by joshwainwrightphotography, on Flickr

Marmite?! :bonk:

Like this one a lot, the reflection works well. Would look good bigger as well reckon :)

Thanks!

I was expecting people to hate it seeing as I quite like it. There's still time for that though :LOL:

Nope, I'm afraid I like it too!! (y)

Good work with your new 7D.

I like the curved line - drawing the eye along the picture. It's nicely exposed too.

Hope enjoy the 7D.

Chris

Nice shot. It appeals to my eyes.

I have a new 7d too. Just starting to enjoy the camera as well. Only had it a couple of weeks.

Cheers folks, I'm glad you all like it too! :)

the location would make a good place for a couple portrait or a great band photo

That's a fair point, I could have a bit of a play with lighting there too if I can find myself a victim! :p

I like this a lot!

Looks good to me:)

Welcome to the 7d club and a very good opening shot!
I'm still trying to work out the buttons on mine :LOL:

Perhaps I might be the first to not like it?

NO! sorry I like it too.

Good to see my old camera is in good hands.

Lovely shot!

Thanks! I'm loving it already :D

Welcome to the 7d club and a very good opening shot!
I'm still trying to work out the buttons on mine :LOL:

Get out there and get shooting! ;)
Although I have to admit I need to get used to the autofocus, it's a little different to the archaic 20D :LOL:

Thanks for your comments everyone!

Yep, that's a winner to me.

It's got everything; reflections, the colour and detail of the steel, additional colours of the graffiti, and that lovely sweeping lines of the edge of the canal.

It's a brilliant urban image.

Yep, that's a winner to me.

It's got everything; reflections, the colour and detail of the steel, additional colours of the graffiti, and that lovely sweeping lines of the edge of the canal.

It's a brilliant urban image.

Thanks! (y)

Very nice, if im right in saying this is the canal under curzon street and the main railway line into New street & Moor street?

It is, yeah! It's about 3 minutes away from me seeing as I'm living in Curzon Gateway, the student accommodation on Curzon Street :)

Are you local?

I'm actually shocked how many people like it :D :LOL:

Thanks for your comments!

I like it too........has a nice gritty feel and the subtle colours and moody lighting works well.. Dislike the watermark though.
JohnyT

I'm not too sure why I have the watermark tbh. It matches the logo I'm going to have on my website (the one in my signature), so I thought it'd be a good idea as long as it's not too obtrusive. I guess it's just for reference really :)

Back