Deep into space...first go at Oil & Water

Name
Martyn
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a bit of fun and a lot to improve on, heres my first go at creative stuff, luckily the Mrs went out and didn't catch me balancing a bowl full of water on the edge of 2 glasses sat on top of 2 upside down glasses with a feather duster underneath :LOL:
No macro lens and no off camera flash so had to do the best i could to keep me entertained on a cloudy day last Sunday...

Thanks for looking

Deep into Space....
by martyndt, on Flickr

Celestial Bodies.....
by martyndt, on Flickr

Decent first efforts. Slightly deeper water might give you more of a 3d effect tho. Like this (I'll remove it if you want);)

Rasta Planets-5
by Brashman 201, on Flickr

Decent first efforts. Slightly deeper water might give you more of a 3d effect tho. Like this (I'll remove it if you want);)

Rasta Planets-5
by Brashman 201, on Flickr

Liking that brash...no problem to leave it up.....how did you get the colour onto the globe like bits?
I can see what you mean about the depth but that was the deepest dish i could find in her cupboards ;)

Liking that brash...no problem to leave it up.....how did you get the colour onto the globe like bits?
I can see what you mean about the depth but that was the deepest dish i could find in her cupboards ;)

The colours are just insulating tape around a piece of A4 paper. I did use the MPE-65 lens tho which gets you right into the detail. These bubbles are probably a lot smaller than the ones in your pics.

I really do like these and sounds pretty straight forward to pull when you know what you are doing. Would be good to see some more of your work. Great stuff gonna give it a go when I get 5

here's one of the pictures (hopefully) #Fail:banghead: will try again tomorrow

Last edited:
Hope you dont mind me sharing in your thread Martyn, but i really enjoyed trying this, i have so much more to do than you so i'd appreciate tips, i only have kit lens though so cant really get as close in as i'd like.
So how do you set up for this kind of picture, i just used a bowl of water and sunflower oil with ordinary food colouring.

Back