Denbigh Mental Asylum

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Now then, I've never done any Urbex before and to be honest I didn't really do any this time. We went to Denbigh Mental asylum and were put off by the signs for guard dogs and the spikes on the fences (I'm old and fat, I don't do climbing or running). So these are the few shots I got.

1. Long view. Its an enormous and imposing building.

2. The Tower.

3. The Main entrance. Not sure whats going on in the left hand window:shrug:

Any C & C welcome and encouraged.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:
OMG that 3rd one is spooky - my fav of the 3 (y)

Thanks, just a bit of fun.

That 3rd pic is a lovely one. Where exactly is this building? I would love to have a trip there with the camera.

Its in Denbigh North Wales, thers a really good castle there as well.

I love the first two, don't like the the pink sky in the last but like the framing of te building though!

result of the sepia tint and my colour blindness. :LOL: I'll have a look at it later.

Im a big fan of urbex, but the point is to actually get in there rather that photograph from outside.

Yeah, nice ghost.
;)

I know, but as I said I'm fat and old and scared. I'll stick to landscapes I think. (y)

Cheers

Andy

Have a 'virtual' wander round the place on my flickr if you want.

man, id love to visit there!

you may be old and fat but thats why tripods come in handy for hitting things and besides, if there was guard dogs im sure you would manage to sprint no problems.

like the 3rd but as said, there is a pink cast to it which doesnt suit the image.

I love the second one, mate. Good capture of the birdies. I agree about the sky in #3 as well. Good shot though. Slightly wonky?

A foreboding looking place like most asylums are ... the figure in the last looks like it's about to jump - scary.

Like the pics.

Never ceases to amaze me how buildings like that cannot be put to a good use.

Like the pics.

Never ceases to amaze me how buildings like that cannot be put to a good use.

I'd like to put it to good use. Anyone fancy a cruise over there sometime??

Might need a bit of planning but it looks too good to miss.

Nice pics by the way - third one made me laugh.

Back