Derelict Building (HDR)

Hi Chris, I like HDR, I shoot with that process in mind quite often.

This is ok although maybe a little overdone :)

Subject matter is fine but tone done the effect a wee bit and don't give up on the process (y)

Here is a link to some decent examples:
http://gizmodo.com/37-handsome-hdr-photographs-1542055073

Last edited:
They are good aren't they? Keep experimenting Chris, my first attempts were quite outrageous and 'in your face' :whistle:

But certain subjects will benefit from it, interiors of buildings for certain :)

Yes, I think that the key to successful HDR is to realise which individual subjects it suits and which it doesn't.

It suits a derelict building well but this one is just a little overdone in my opinion. The trick is to enjoy the image without first thinking "HDR", otherwise it can look very cliche rather like all those brown filter landscape skies (yuk!).

some people like HDR and some don't, on my list of things to learn i like the affects

some people like HDR and some don't, on my list of things to learn i like the affects

....This is true and that is usually the problem - Too many people aren't open minded about HDR and dislike it as a process.

HDR can enhance an image when used subtly, when it's overdone like in the image above (in my opinion) it just ruins it, looks well over saturated and unnatural.
Some subjects are suited to the process, personally I think externals with lots of sky/ land etc don't but each to their own.

Back