Critique Derry City

:agree: Lose a bit of the foreground, very good image (y)

Thanks for the replies. I was a bit worried about the foreground too, as I was shooting from an awkward embankment.

I may try this again some evening, recomposing the shot to include more sky and less foreground.

Looks best on your large flickr canvas, all the details are there, the bridge does provide a good lead-in.

If you do go back (and you should), could you shoot a bit earlier (but still after dusk) to try and get a bit more sky detail, the sky is a tad bland as is.

Good work though, I like this.

Thanks Les, I am going to reshoot this. Thankfully it just at the bottom of my street about 100 yards from my front, door so I wony have far to go! :-D

You really need to see this larger (full screen) on flickr to appreciate it. Based on the version here, I don'y like the foreground; seen larger, I think it definitely adds to the image. My only suggestions would be to tone down the blade of grass in the foreground about a third in from the left (it stands out vividly on the full screen version) and darken the bottom right corner to lose the small area of the side of the building there.

Here is a similar photograph to the original I put on here a while ago, taken a week ago or so under different conditions.

Again, Any feedback or thoughts at all greatly appreciated...

bridge
by gaz_jamieson, on Flickr

Back