nikonkid

Suspended / Banned
Name
graham
Edit My Images
Yes
All c+c welcome please, i am learning. thank you

despair.jpg

I like what you tried to do but think the figure is just a bit too dark, on my montor anyway,
Shame the rails are slightly different heights possibly down to angle.

The lights work well appart from the ones turning sharply to the left my eye wants to follow through to the right, helped im sure by the curve to the rails.

Nice idea and compositionally it's very good imo.

However, the subject is too dark for the shot to carry the impact it is capable of. The bottom third of the scene could do with a bit of lightening up :)

ok thanks guys, when i look at it, i think i should have asked him to sit with his back against the right side looking straight ahead and took the shot from there, using the lights above to lead you into the shot? just tried a re-edit, is this any better?

despair1.jpg

Last edited:
thanks james, i wanted to keep the grain, i just like it?

Hmmm, I dont think the model suits this image.

To be honest, it looks more like a football fan whose team has just lost :D I am sure some would class that as despair, but I dont think thats the same emotion you were going for.

Looks better brighter though, I agree it was way too dark before :)

It has potential and I have tried an edit to close it down a bit.

despair2.jpg

Hi mate. I like the edit, much better with it lightened up and the grain works well. But I agree with dee the model isn't quite right, if he wasn't in shorts (I don't mean just in his undies) it would be better. Nice composition though, the lights work for me particulalry with the ones without bulbs.

Andy

thanks guys (i love the lens andy) gonna have another go at this, next time gonna take my tripod and take more time to compose the shot, also gonna use a different model, i have an older friend, long beard, dresses very haphazardly shall we say, may be more fitting for the surroundings

thanks guys (i love the lens andy) gonna have another go at this, next time gonna take my tripod and take more time to compose the shot, also gonna use a different model, i have an older friend, long beard, dresses very haphazardly shall we say, may be more fitting for the surroundings

I like this but would love to see the next attempt that you have decribed sounds even better.I think the guy you have in mind will fit this picture alot better.:)

Last edited:
What throws this for me is the trainers. It makes me think of a jogger who has run out of puff, rather than someone contemplating suicide.

Sometimes not setting this kind of thing up is the best way.

Graham

the trainers made me go a bit strange too! i like the shot but i think it would look better if the model was in the foreground of the picture, with the corridor leading off behind him, would also cover up the strangeness of the rail sizes :)

My favourite thing about it is definatly the grainy photo, a bit of flash would also be good on the model

Back