B&W Details of the pier

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
These shots are details of Whitehaven harbour west pier below high time mark. The tide was out so these parts were visible. Taken with my Olympus XZ-1 shot in RAW.

This ring and rope is under about 2 feet of water at times.

Barnacles ring and rope
by alf.branch, on Flickr

This is what is left of a handrail on a set of steps

An ex handrail
by alf.branch, on Flickr

All C&C welcome

I like an ex-handle :LOL: really shows the harshness of the sea :eek: the first one is however sending my eyes nuts it looks like TV static :eek: :runaway: I love what you were doing with it but I think the contrast levels maybe to high on that one

I like them.

I agree there might be slightly too much contrast in the first one, but the B&W conversions give a really strong sense of texture for both.

I like an ex-handle :LOL: really shows the harshness of the sea :eek: the first one is however sending my eyes nuts it looks like TV static :eek: :runaway: I love what you were doing with it but I think the contrast levels maybe to high on that one

Matt fair point on teh first I will look again at the processing I am glad you like the other.

I like them.

I agree there might be slightly too much contrast in the first one, but the B&W conversions give a really strong sense of texture for both.

Thanks Pete

Pretty much with Matt on these.
I really, really like the handrail and the story it tells and lovely use of B&W to enhance the texture.
First one has loads of potential and there's lots to like about it, but the processing is just too harsh for me.

Thanks Sarah.

Back