Digital compacts- which would you choose out of these??

Name
Rach
Edit My Images
No
My Jessops voucher is still burning a hole in my pocket :cool:

Am thinking a nice compact would be handy especially as if I ever want to take pics at the moment it means lugging my gripped 40D around, and it's a bit of a kufuffle if I'm honest when I only want a snapshot. Plus I don't like taking my 40D to the stables as expensive camera gear and my horses do not mix!!!!!

There are a lot of cameras in the price bracket I am looking at that all have 10mp and 3x optical zoom... so how do I choose the best one?

Soooo, must come from Jessops, so out of these cameras which would you choose? I quite like the Canon Ixus 95 however the Samsung PL55 has more MP and better optical zoom?

http://www.jessops.com/online.store...=SkuOfferingPrice+Descending&btnSearch=search

:help:

We got my daughter a Samsung compact and the Schnieder lens is excellent

I bought and still use a Panasonic TZ6. Same as the TZ7 but no HD movie or face recognition (like i need either of those!) Jessops recommended that camera to me and it was £169 6 months ago. It has a large Leia 25mm- 300mm f3.3 - f4.9 (i think) lens and superb Image quality especially close up/portrait distance. I love it although there's no AV or TV mode so you are stuck with what they give you for aperture. The Image stabiliser is superb and it is very well built. There are many shoot options like macro, sunset etc etc.

Here are a few images taken with said camera.
3743583346_88b7172ef4_o.jpg

3734409051_df9c8dc076_o.jpg

3574063714_9ff1409a15_o.jpg

I'll back up the above comments - I've got a Panny TZ65 and it's a belter of a compact.

Though you don't say how much money you have to play with...?

Tight budget at £150 - but great you have a budget!!

Panas are great - may be worth trying to find a TZ5 - as they have released the newer ones - the 5 is still a GREAT cam and you may snatch a real bargain.

Rog

I can give you a list of things I would like from Jessops if that helps... I am happy to pay the postage :D

Rog

Have a look at the Panasonic FS7 - It gets some pretty good reviews on the net...

Why don't you try and sell your vouchers in the classifieds. You never know, someone might have them off you and then you can go elsewhere and get something for a decent price. ;):D

Back