Diploma in Professional Photography (DiPP) - inst.org

I started this back in December, as per a few of you it seems Jeremy Webb has been my tutor and I have him found really helpful with his feedback.

So far I have submitted 10 of the 14 assignments and have 3 others almost ready to go, so far my lowest grade has been a B+ which for me has given me more confidence in what I am doing.

Last edited:
I stalled on this course about 15 months ago with only two photographic modules to do ☹️.
The summer model shoot doesn't concern me too much but I draw a complete blank with regards to the photojournalist module. It is something I have no interest in and can't find motivation to find an appropriate subject [emoji53]

I haven't submitted that one yet, I have missed out on a few events in London which would have been ideal.

As it stands mine will be telling a story of the road I live on which previously was an air field with links to De Hallivand.

I signed up NYIP online course last December buty have yet to start !!! Lack of discipline to start the course!!

Finished the course last assignment submitted Friday.

Been fun, really feel I have come on in terms of not only taking photos but editing as well.

Lot of money but been worth it, closer to the point where I can see what I want to take rather than hoping I get it.

That's me finished the course as well! At last!! You do need a lot of self motivation to keep things going; although the odd prompt from the provider does give you a nudge when you haven't been active for a few months.

I'm unsure how I feel about this course. I cannot say that it taught me any photography skills that I hadn't taught myself previously (each person will be different with this) but what it has certainly done is force me to sample a lot of areas outside of my comfort zone to give me a broader understanding of what I do and don't enjoy.
My tutor had been excellent offering great advice and always positive and constructive.
I am glad I took the course and I am equally glad I have seen it through to the end.

Hi all,

Sorry to re-open an old thread. I signed up to thw Blackford center course years ago but I had to abandon the project due to change of circumstances. I would like to complete it now but I lost the course book.
I would like to buy one if anyone is willing to sell it.

Many thanks,

Ferenc

Back