Displaying RAW file previews in windows 10??

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I am having a problem with viewing preview files of my RAW files on my computer. I have Photoshop Elements 15 installed. I have raw files from both a Nikon (NEF) and some from my Panasonic (RW2) some of the Nikon files preview ok, some dont and none of the Panasonic files seem to want to preview at all. Any ideas if there is a Microsoft download I can install to fix this?

I have checked my system for updates and installed all the latest ones, restated the computer but it's still the same.

There is a Microsoft Camera Codec Pack but I believe that these codecs are already included in Win 10.
Check your Win 10 is up to date ... otherwise finding a download for the pack might help if it will install.

There is a Microsoft Camera Codec Pack but I believe that these codecs are already included in Win 10.
Check your Win 10 is up to date ... otherwise finding a download for the pack might help if it will install.

Checked it's all up to date. Found a Codec pack on Nikon's website which allows me to view the NEF files fine now. But the one from the Panasonic website seems to not want to install. Will give them a message directly to see if they can help.

This has been a pain for me for quite a while. I’m so glad I read this. I did as you and went for the codec from Nikon which I ’didn’t know existed.

Many thanks, my pain is over.

Graham

Back