Distracted and Had Enough

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
1st one she looks relaxed and the pose is good.
2nd one has the correct title.

One thing. In the second shot there are dark patches around her mouth. I've seen this in my own pictures when lifting / pushing things too much in processing. I could be wrong but maybe it's the same cause here? Maybe select and process these areas for best effect or try to eliminate the potential at the time of taking.

I like them both. Well posed and well taken :D
Thank you, Alan.
1st one she looks relaxed and the pose is good.
2nd one has the correct title.
Thank you, Peter.
One thing. In the second shot there are dark patches around her mouth. I've seen this in my own pictures when lifting / pushing things too much in processing. I could be wrong but maybe it's the same cause here? Maybe select and process these areas for best effect or try to eliminate the potential at the time of taking.
Cheers Alan, they are natural tones/shadows that Em has with a few poses (tense), they have been pushed a little with contrast, I felt they added to the feel and grit of the image.

#1 is great
#2 looks like someone is about to get a slap :D

Both good Gav.

Like them both! Less tension compared to the earlier photo session.

Liking the highlights in the eyes in the second photo, matches the general air in the photo.
Thank you.

Two very nice portrait style captures Gav, with #1 being my fav'.

I agree with the others. That first one is really good with the nicely lifted head making all the difference. The only thing is the hand in pocket looks a little awkward. Moving it 6 inches to sit with the other with a thumb in the waistband of the jeans is what I was thinking. But that's a super minor crit. You're (both) definitely improving.

Second one is a real character portrait. That's the sort of photo my wife would hate and I would love.
Processing is a bit too gritty for the subject matter for my taste, but that's no real criticism at all. Keep it up!

Two very nice portrait style captures Gav, with #1 being my fav'.
Thank you, George.
I agree with the others. That first one is really good with the nicely lifted head making all the difference. The only thing is the hand in pocket looks a little awkward. Moving it 6 inches to sit with the other with a thumb in the waistband of the jeans is what I was thinking. But that's a super minor crit. You're (both) definitely improving.

Second one is a real character portrait. That's the sort of photo my wife would hate and I would love.
Processing is a bit too gritty for the subject matter for my taste, but that's no real criticism at all. Keep it up!
Thank you, Ian.
I'll keep the thumbs in the waist band idea in mind, I did see the hand but not until I started to edit so it was too late. Thank you for the edit feedback, I may have got a little carried away with the editing, I will take another look.

I loved them both! I thought you had the editing spot on as well as the poses
Thank you.

Second one is about where my wife starts if I ask her to model for me….both of these look good.

In the first one, for me Em is looking a bit too much to the left (her left).

The second, I love. That's the look I get when I say I'm going for a night out with the boys.

Lighting looks good to me. As does the unedited hair in the second, makes it look more like an unposed shot.

In the first one, for me Em is looking a bit too much to the left (her left).

The second, I love. That's the look I get when I say I'm going for a night out with the boys.

Lighting looks good to me. As does the unedited hair in the second, makes it look more like an unposed shot.
Thank you, Paul.
I must confess the eyes are a little too far left.
Em is great with the moody looking stuff, no edits in the hair this time, just some careful roughing up in the 2nd.
Cheers for the feedback (y)

Just saw this after I posted the comment on the other post.

Both are good, and the second pose, the body position is not unlike the other post, but the arms are crossed which brings in the upper arm giving that side continuity

Just saw this after I posted the comment on the other post.

Both are good, and the second pose, the body position is not unlike the other post, but the arms are crossed which brings in the upper arm giving that side continuity
Thank you (y)
I see what you mean, cheers.

I find the light is too harsh and doesn't 'wrap around' the subject, leaving too many harsh shadows.

It's only my taste so would go with what others are saying

I think they are both ace! both capture Em naturally. Eyes are full of expression.
Thank you, Peter (y)
I find the light is too harsh and doesn't 'wrap around' the subject, leaving too many harsh shadows.

It's only my taste so would go with what others are saying
Thank you, I was after something a little different, thank you for the feedback, always nice to hear others views (y)

@Gav.

Great name for a band though.
:D it could work!

The first ones a cracker, but I just love the ladies expression is the second one, the title says it all.

I like these both good shots, however I think I would start running about the time of the second shot.

Back