do all lenses

Canon for Canon and Nikon for Nikon and Sony for Sony etc

Sigma and Tamron both make lenses for each brands but will only fit what brand it was made for. :)

Most camera manufacturers have their own mount which is different from others'. Lenses from manufacturers like Sigma, Tamron and Tokina are available in a variety of lens mounts.

Steve.

There are a few exceptions of course - Nikon fit lenses fit Fuji cameras as they use the same "shell" (pardon the pun).... Not sure if there are any others - Dont Panasonic use Sony mount lenses or Pentax mount or something?

There are a few exceptions of course - Nikon fit lenses fit Fuji cameras as they use the same "shell" (pardon the pun).... Not sure if there are any others - Dont Panasonic use Sony mount lenses or Pentax mount or something?

i will pardon the expression this time :LOL: i got told that some tamron lenses would fit my 450d is this true? (y)

Be aware certain lenses made by camera makers are made only to work with certain bodies i.e canon EF lenes will fit all of eos range where as EFS lens will only fit crop sensor cameras in that range if you try to fit them to full frame you can damage camera and lens so be careful. Also don't make the mistake of buying earlier lenses that are from a different range of bodies like canon Fd lenses they wont fit any eos camera (saying that you can buy an adapters that allows you to use a whole range of earlier lenses SRB supply them) Hope this helps
Regards
Lost

Back