Do you like Perspective Correction (LR5)

Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone use perspective correction in Lightroom 5, specifically with buildings? How do you feel about it?

I'm not sure if I like it or not, Maybe I'm just not used to it in a photograph.

Just My Opinion but if you shoot HDR use an HDR software to get the best results
If you want perspective correction use a perspective correction software to get the best results, in this case I would and do use DXO Viewpoint that's what it does in life, perspective correction!!!!
Russ

Can I ask what is the difference between DXO Viewpoint and DXO Optics Pro? Both seem to be lens correction technology.

I use it sparingly and simply on some architectural shots. Too much looks strange to my eye. I don't know what the add-ins bring above what LR can do. Perhaps better interpolation algorithms so less sharpness is lost?

It is a stand alone program available from the DXO site and there is a trial version
http://www.dxo.com/intl/photography/dxo-viewpoint/features
The demonstration picture on their front page (of the building) is exactly what I am talking about when I said that too much looks odd. The angle of view in the picture (looking up at the building) implies that there should be some perspective. Removing all of it just looks strange , like the building is distorted. (Although the "before" shot is bloody strange, too - almost like they deliberately un-corrected it - it has a great deal of distortion) Better to get further away from the building in the first place and get it at a shallower angle with a longer lens. Severe correction like they are demonstrating should be a last resort.

I always find that buildings with all the perspective removed (i.e. perfectly upright & parallel sides) somehow look "wrong."
If I'm correcting a tall building I always leave a small amount of taper, since I feel it looks more natural.

Back