Do you think this is acceptable?

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
OK - so, in the garden this evening it was really dull under a black, overcast sky. I thought I'd try ISO 1600 in an attempt to still get some decent background ambient light. It's not something I'd want to do too often, but I reckon it's given me an idea about what can be done.
Would appreciate your views - Thanks.

If I'm honest the picture is superb and the fly/foreground it great. Only when I look hard at the back ground I notice it is slightly grainy.

Thanks very much folks. I'm very critical of my own shots and it's good to get other viewpoints.

It looks to me as though the focus is towards the rear of the fly on the body. A great shot but one that should not be put up for competition.

(y)

Yes, totally agree. I missed the best focus point. Only posted to get views on the ISO and noise. Thanks for your input.

Yes, totally agree. I missed the best focus point. Only posted to get views on the ISO and noise. Thanks for your input.

Was going to say about the focus but if that's not the point then yes - at this crop it's fine :) You can see the noise if you look carefully in OOF areas but nothing too bad. You tried using noise reduction on a raw file and seeing what it's like?

Was going to say about the focus but if that's not the point then yes - at this crop it's fine :) You can see the noise if you look carefully in OOF areas but nothing too bad. You tried using noise reduction on a raw file and seeing what it's like?

Thanks for that. I've never tried noise reduction, although I do always use raw.
Which noise reduction software would you recommend? Thanks

Thanks for that. I've never tried noise reduction, although I do always use raw.
Which noise reduction software would you recommend? Thanks

I just meant using the option you have in CS5 for noise reduction - I've not personally used software specially for it :)

I just meant using the option you have in CS5 for noise reduction - I've not personally used software specially for it :)

Aah - OK. I use Nikon capture NX2. I love it(y)
I sometimes use photoshop if I want to get "arty".
There is a noise reduction option in NX2 but, for some reason, I've never used it. I'll give it a go.
Thanks again.

Aah - OK. I use Nikon capture NX2. I love it(y)
I sometimes use photoshop if I want to get "arty".
There is a noise reduction option in NX2 but, for some reason, I've never used it. I'll give it a go.
Thanks again.

Coolio! Just a touch of it might just get rid of that in the OOF areas :)

Back