Dodgy ebay?

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

A friend spotted the following two listings earlier and asked my views before maybe bidding.

I've told him to stay clear as something doesn't seem right to me....

What do you think?

Items 280683910693 and 280683915683.

Dan

Looks like someone selling two lenses and doesnt know anything about them..
Whats dodgy about it? Feedback is ok, last item he sold was high value..
Looks fine to me.

Personaly I woulD give it a go if the lenses are what there after. He/she accepts paypal so your covered.

Everyone starts someware on eBay. Low feedback sometimes means that you get them cheaper. In the past I had bargains that way;)

TCR4x4 said:
Looks like someone selling two lenses and doesnt know anything about them..
Whats dodgy about it? Feedback is ok, last item he sold was high value..
Looks fine to me.

Your probably right, just seemed strange that they mentioned what camera they used to be on but dont know anything about photography.

Probs just reading too much into it, are either of the lenses worth a bid? I'm a nikon man so not clued up on the dark side!

i'm not sure really,

links for the lazy
280683910693 & 280683915683

they're for the older canon cameras, so useless on newer cameras without the adapters, he's also selling a 50mm and a flash for the same system (canon spelt correctly too), i think it's legit.
but, as they don't know anything about them and they are saying they are effectively new i'd stay clear. focus might be heavy/detached, could have hazed, fungus, aperature blades maybe screwed.

wow 4 people post whilst i type, i need to type quicker

Last edited:
just seemed strange that they mentioned what camera they used to be on but dont know anything about photography.

There seems to be quite a lot of old gear that belonged to parents who's children are clearing out their homes. As such the person doing the listing knows nothing about the items beyond what is written on them (I believe the AE1 has AE1 in easily noticeable text), though some don't have the sense to copy all the text so you know what the item actually is.

Your probably right, just seemed strange that they mentioned what camera they used to be on but dont know anything about photography.

Probs just reading too much into it, are either of the lenses worth a bid? I'm a nikon man so not clued up on the dark side!

They are FD mounts, so not worth the hassle for a digital camera, but if someone has an FD mount film camera then it might be worth a shot.

I dont see why saying what camera they were used on makes him dodgy. He obviously has eyes and can read what the camera said on it. Doesn't mean he should know anything about photography.

TCR4x4 said:
They are FD mounts, so not worth the hassle for a digital camera, but if someone has an FD mount film camera then it might be worth a shot.

I dont see why saying what camera they were used on makes him dodgy. He obviously has eyes and can read what the camera said on it. Doesn't mean he should know anything about photography.

Aye, like I said I've read too much into it... got too used to forums like this with descriptive adverts etc.

They'l go for between £10 and £20 each though I'v bought afew 28mm 2.8's at just over £20 cos they were in good condition and I wanted to convert the mounts to EF, seems legit.

Back