Does anyone know these prices?

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
I want to know how much are they selling in second hand price?
Roughly...

Canon 5D Mark I
430EX II
17-40L
24-105L

Sigma 12-24mm

As I want to change to canon as it has more lens that has large aperture and fix aperture throughout the lens.

Not enough to afford a 5D Mark II yet...:(

welcome to canon! :D

5d mark 1 - 800
430ex II - 140ish
17-40L - dont know
24-105L - 600
sigma 12-24mm - 250-280

I could be way out though

welcome to canon! :D

5d mark 1 - 800
430ex II - 140ish
17-40L - dont know
24-105L - 600
sigma 12-24mm - 250-280

I could be way out though

Still the price is still around the same when I looked at it 2 months ago.
hahahah
where is good to buy the 5D?
as there won't be any warranty for it anywhere right?

also didnt know that 12-24mm can be that cheap.
can use it as a back up of 17-40L....

Wish I could have the $$ to get mark II:(

I bought my 5d from jacobs for 710 with a 1yr warranty on it. i would suggest you try them out if you have one local to you. you can haggle with them too.

Try the London Camera Exchange website...google it and you'll get a link, just tried to add it but it didn't work, sorry!

I bought my 5d from jacobs for 710 with a 1yr warranty on it. i would suggest you try them out if you have one local to you. you can haggle with them too.

Does jacobs still have second hand 5D?
as the one in manchester city centre is selling brand new stuff.
cant find a 5D...but has mark II though

Does anyone think that Pentax K7 would be a good camera to shoot portraits and landscape?

As I am thinking to just get one wide angle lens but more prime lenses for portraits.
But then if I use 5D.
I can get like Tamron 17-35mm for like 200 pounds
then other money can go for 50 F1.4, 85mm F1.8 and 35mmF2 as well
or even 24mm F2.8 or can get a 70-200mm F4 for longer range?!?!?

As currently I cannot afford a 5D mark II yet.
But I am thinking of to get a camera that I would use anywhere now.
As the D90 is good, but I sometime use very high ISO like 3200...
As I seldom use my flash, dont know why (mayb I don't want to hurt other's eyes.)
So I rather use natural light.
And I quite like to shoot in low light condition as well during dinner or karaoke in Hong Kong.

It is very hard desicion as I have limiting $ to spend on but I want to upgrade to a camera that can do what I want to do..e.g. low light photography.

Also does K-7 has picture control like D90 that can be customise from loading a curve in??

Hope someone could give me an answer...@@

thanks all

Does anyone think that Pentax K7 would be a good camera to shoot portraits and landscape?

As I am thinking to just get one wide angle lens but more prime lenses for portraits.
But then if I use 5D.
I can get like Tamron 17-35mm for like 200 pounds
then other money can go for 50 F1.4, 85mm F1.8 and 35mmF2 as well
or even 24mm F2.8 or can get a 70-200mm F4 for longer range?!?!?

As currently I cannot afford a 5D mark II yet.
But I am thinking of to get a camera that I would use anywhere now.
As the D90 is good, but I sometime use very high ISO like 3200...
As I seldom use my flash, dont know why (mayb I don't want to hurt other's eyes.)
So I rather use natural light.
And I quite like to shoot in low light condition as well during dinner or karaoke in Hong Kong.

It is very hard desicion as I have limiting $ to spend on but I want to upgrade to a camera that can do what I want to do..e.g. low light photography.

Also does K-7 has picture control like D90 that can be customise from loading a curve in??

Hope someone could give me an answer...@@

thanks all

IMHO if high-iso performance is really what you're after, then this can only really be achieved by stumping up the cash for a more expensive body. Anything in the D90 price bracket will have similar (ball park) ISO performance.

Haven't looked at you're current lens range (i.e. DX vs FX) but instead of splashing out on loads of new lenses have you considered something like the D700? I was forced to shoot the whole day on saturday at 3200 ISO due to condition indoors and even with some hefty crops the amount of noticeable noise is neglegible. (y)

IMHO if high-iso performance is really what you're after, then this can only really be achieved by stumping up the cash for a more expensive body. Anything in the D90 price bracket will have similar (ball park) ISO performance.

Haven't looked at you're current lens range (i.e. DX vs FX) but instead of splashing out on loads of new lenses have you considered something like the D700? I was forced to shoot the whole day on saturday at 3200 ISO due to condition indoors and even with some hefty crops the amount of noticeable noise is neglegible. (y)

Yea i have thought about D700
Both D700 and 5D Mark II can deliver good photos at 3200ISO
But the lenses I am more looking into are prime lenses.
Both have 35, 50 and 85 mm prime lenses which I quite like.
But canon has 135L which I would like to have one day for my photograhy
But seems that if I need like fix aperture lens.
Canon seems to have something better eg. 17-40 and 24-105.

Pentax K-7, I dont know if it can be better than D90 in ISO performance.
if I can be better, I would like to go for it.
I don't mind selling and buying all again.
Just the matter of time and lose a bit of cash. (although I haven't got much already.haha)

If i get D700, I would have to wait until I have the cash to buy it.
Whereas if get a second hand 5D, I could just get a bit of cash to get it.
But then I don't know if ISO performance can be that good.
But I like the Full Frame.!!!

Very hard decision, and Hong Kong has Pentax K-7 to try out already.

Also does D300 has the same sensor as D90?
Always want to know if they have the same ISO performance.

i just realised that i was confused between the Sigma 10-20mm and the 12-24mm. The 10-20mm can be had for that sub- 300 2nd hand. but not the 12-24mm.

i just realised that i was confused between the Sigma 10-20mm and the 12-24mm. The 10-20mm can be had for that sub- 300 2nd hand. but not the 12-24mm.

The 10-20 won't fit a full frame camera!

Yea i have thought about D700
Both D700 and 5D Mark II can deliver good photos at 3200ISO
But the lenses I am more looking into are prime lenses.
Both have 35, 50 and 85 mm prime lenses which I quite like.
But canon has 135L which I would like to have one day for my photograhy
But seems that if I need like fix aperture lens.
Canon seems to have something better eg. 17-40 and 24-105.

Pentax K-7, I dont know if it can be better than D90 in ISO performance.
if I can be better, I would like to go for it.
I don't mind selling and buying all again.
Just the matter of time and lose a bit of cash. (although I haven't got much already.haha)

If i get D700, I would have to wait until I have the cash to buy it.
Whereas if get a second hand 5D, I could just get a bit of cash to get it.
But then I don't know if ISO performance can be that good.
But I like the Full Frame.!!!

Very hard decision, and Hong Kong has Pentax K-7 to try out already.

Also does D300 has the same sensor as D90?
Always want to know if they have the same ISO performance.

Yeah the difference in ISO performance is very small between the 90 and 300, although I'm not sure if it's exactly the same sensor.

The D700 won't just deliver good images at 3200, they'll still be fantastic. Even at 6400 you still get publishable results.

My personality type is an impatient one, so I know all about not wanting to wait. However, I also know all about rushing in and then days/weeks/months down the line wishing I'd waited and not just gone for it. It can be an expensive business once you start chopping and changing bodies/lenses on a regular basis. lol.

Good luck with the decision making.

Kevin Aperture is sellin the 5D for around £850 to 900 right now and mpbphotographic has the 17-40 for £400

I got my 24-105 from a (jolly nice) user on here.

£625 posted, mintier than a packet of Polo's!

Kevin Aperture is sellin the 5D for around £850 to 900 right now and mpbphotographic has the 17-40 for £400

Do you have any information about Kevin Aperture?
Is it a website or something like Kerso?
Thanks

Kevin

Yeah the difference in ISO performance is very small between the 90 and 300, although I'm not sure if it's exactly the same sensor.

The D700 won't just deliver good images at 3200, they'll still be fantastic. Even at 6400 you still get publishable results.

My personality type is an impatient one, so I know all about not wanting to wait. However, I also know all about rushing in and then days/weeks/months down the line wishing I'd waited and not just gone for it. It can be an expensive business once you start chopping and changing bodies/lenses on a regular basis. lol.

Good luck with the decision making.

Yea D700 is really a excellent camera.
But then less large aperture lenses for me to shoot portraits.
Therefore I was thinking of Pentax or Canon has there are more large aperture lenses.

Hi Kevin,

There's a 5D available at EOS Classifieds for £600 if you're quick

I also know where there's a 24-105mm f/4 L IS available for around £660 ;)

Bob

Yea D700 is really a excellent camera.
But then less large aperture lenses for me to shoot portraits.
Therefore I was thinking of Pentax or Canon has there are more large aperture lenses.

This is true if you are hung up on getting same-brand primes. Personally I've picked my lenses based on a lot of research and/or using them along with others. Where the best lens is head and shoulders above the rest I've tried to go for that one. Where a Sigma or Tamron is highly recommended and is optically at =>95% of the best/Nikkor IQ but half the price, I've gone with that instead.

Remember that the 'best' lens is not always the Nikkor/Canon.

Happy medium with happy customers. :)

This is true if you are hung up on getting same-brand primes. Personally I've picked my lenses based on a lot of research and/or using them along with others. Where the best lens is head and shoulders above the rest I've tried to go for that one. Where a Sigma or Tamron is highly recommended and is optically at =>95% of the best/Nikkor IQ but half the price, I've gone with that instead.

Remember that the 'best' lens is not always the Nikkor/Canon.

Happy medium with happy customers. :)

Yea know that Sigma and Tamron both have quality lenses for Full Frame camera.
But now I am just wondering should I upgrade or just keep my D90?
Does anyone notice that when D90 get more than ISO 800.
there is some color changes in the picture.
Like less contrast and saturation.

An off topic question,
does anyone know how much does the Nikon 24-85mm F2.8-4 lens worth?
I have got some pictures of the actual lens.

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0654.jpg

DSC_0655.jpg

Back