Does it work?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
14780426415_cd5da07f4b_c.jpg

Finally got out for an hour on Sunday, took a few but feel that non really worked as the sun was so bright. I have been playing with this image and can't decide if it works or not.

So really appreciate your input, does it or not?

I'm not sure. There are aspects I like about it like the individual clouds and the rock formation, but overall I do think it all gels. What is the colour one like?

I reckon the answer is if you are not sure it works then it probably doesn't. You never question the ones that do.

I'd quite like to see the colour version as I think it might work with the intense blue of the sky more than the b&w conversion.

I agree with one of the comments above about the ground being too light, especially the ground beyond the immediate front rocks.

Is this Mother Cap in the Peaks?

Thanks for the feedback so far, point taken idlefrog about not asking about the ones that do :)

I will post the colour version tonight Macs along with a couple of others so you may be able to identify the location.

This is the colour version, everything in the foreground is in shade which is what mad me mess with the b&w conversion. The second shot is from a little further back which may give a clue to the location but yes it is in the Peaks.

14602916280_b62b172315_b.jpg

14809482193_82095c1366_c.jpg

The colour shots look a bit over saturated to me.

They will convert nicely to mono. How did you process the mono?
You tick no to edits or I would have had a go.

OK Alf I have changed my settings to allow edits. I did get chance to look at the images on another monitor at work yesterday and I can see what you mean by slightly over saturated. Was strange as the PC i was on had 2 monitors, one looked ok the other over the top. Think I need to invest in something to calibrate my monitor.

Back