Does this work?

There are loads of sharp shots ,taken every meet ,on same corners ,all over the country,and most of us after a while duplicate our shots,so looking outside the box becomes more interesting and challenging,and imho slower shutter speed stuff is not liked by the majority of photographers on the forums.

Drivers and riders seem to prefer more frozen less creative stuff to buy,but as we know ,few get rich from motorsport photography !!,even less so with the cost of top bodies and lenses,so it's creativity and enjoyment that becomes more important.

Iconic imagery,and big selling ,large earning photos will not ,and do not come from this medium.

It is disappointing when you see your work not drawing the response you would like,but sometimes it is appreciated more away from here if shown,a non motorsports person would probably really like this shot far more than forum members ,and I would wager that if this was displayed in an exhibition this would elicit more response than a sharp,technically correct photo.

Personally,I love it,the colours are vibrant,the lighting excellent,the motion blur great,and the action looks quick.

Well done ,Matt,I wish I had taken it .:clap:

Pons

Pons, what a fantastic comment. THank you very much indeed.

It is hard to get praise off you (in a good way) and I have got some in the bucketload. THank you very much indeed :)

Dash29

Matt

Can you explain in more depth how shutter speed causes the effect

Dave

yes, the slow shutter speed is to slow to get the whole bike in focus, only a certain point, hence the blur. It is focused on the front and therefore the rest is blurred.

HTH

Back