Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Very cute, still with the puppy blue eyes :)

They say a dog "grows into it's paws" but he looks like he will be 'growing into his face'!

What breed is he, a Bull Mastiff???

He is a Dogue de Bordeaux which is a French Mastif.. we lost our big boy ( Bailey) a month ago so this guy has big shoes to fill.

Ah! not heard of that specific breed........have looked it up to find that they are quite short lived compared to (many?) other breeds.

My first post on here so please be kind. This is our lab Brodie taken when he was about five months old. I've cropped it and tried to soften the green background a bit but it's taken some colour out of Brodie so tomorrows lesson is to learn how to be a bit more precise when selecting colours:)

Attachments

• DSC_5093_3.jpg
    DSC_5093_3.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2
there are some *lovely* dogs in this thread. i must not show my landlady the
thread or she will be coo-ing and aaaah-ing for hours, and insist i get hi res
copies printed. :) very enjoyable viewing guys/girls. thanks

My 13 year old beagle Sadie.

Top of the stairs.

i-67dR85k-XL.jpg

i-DVwzTVx-XL.jpg

Today we have had to say goodbye to our beautiful sweet rescued Beagle Sadie.

After 14 days of spasmodic sickness coupled with extreme distress we could not bear to see her suffer any longer.

After all the Vets treatments and tests the only option now is surgery to investigate further.

We cannot countenance that at Sadie's age and we believe the outcome will not be positive.

We console ourselves with the belief that for the final 3 years 9 months of her life we have done our best to undo all the harm bestowed upon her by her previous human owners.

Sleep deeply gentle Sadie, you were a big part of our lives, we love you and will miss you greatly.

i-Tpd8nZP.jpg

Hi, I am sorry for your loss ... --- (You did the right thing. I was in the same situation once myself, and I finally forced myself not to prolong the suffering.)

Heartbreaking and unbelievably sad but the right decision made. We have been in similar circumstances ourselves and truly understand what you are going through.

We swore on a stack of Bibles that we would never have another dog after our last Rottie left us but our house never felt the same without a dog and Evie (photo above) and Archie, our two Rescue Rotties, have brought enormous joy to us both.

So sorry to hear of Sadie.

After 14 days of spasmodic sickness coupled with extreme distress we could not bear to see her suffer any longer.

After all the Vets treatments and tests the only option now is surgery to investigate further.

We cannot countenance that at Sadie's age and we believe the outcome will not be positive.

We console ourselves with the belief that for the final 3 years 9 months of her life we have done our best to undo all the harm bestowed upon her by her previous human owners.

Sleep deeply gentle Sadie, you were a big part of our lives, we love you and will miss you greatly.

i-Tpd8nZP.jpg
Sorry for your loss.
We lost our old boy Ben in April and it's left a big gap in our lives. We also had a difficult choice to make, but it was for the best.
He was a rescue dog too.
IMG-20200509-WA0005.jpg

Last edited:

i-Tpd8nZP.jpg
So sorry for your loss. We went through similar with our beloved 13 year lab Ben and like yourselves couldn't allow for the investigative surgery that would have resulted in more suffering for him. Remember the happy times with Sadie and while you can never replace her there's another Sadie out there in need of a loving home.

i-Tpd8nZP.jpg

Heart breaking to read this. We had our gentle and amazing Beagle boy buried in a lovely field where wild flowers grow and trees have now been planted to create a lovely environment. We visit him often.

Back