Dog Portraits

Oh dear really hard to vote on these without favouring the dog not the picture! I too am going for #3 :)

Great shots

What setup did you use

Hi Bullysrus,

We have a Lastolite Hilite background with 2 studio heads inside and two more studio heads to illuminate the dogs. The dogs sit (some of the time) on a table with a white canvas on it. In all cases there are pretty much as shot but we do remove some harsh shadows when they happen.

#3 for me... It's probably more the dog that the protrait, but #1 was a close runner up!

#3 for me, no bias towards breed, I just think it's the best photograph.

#3 for me, no bias towards breed, I just think it's the best photograph.

Same here. It looks most natural, looking in the best direction etc without an awkward pose. The Saluki's legs look too stretched out and the Lab is looking too high up to look comfortable.

Hope that helps. No.3 for me. :)

No. 3 for me (I know I'm slightly biased because its a spaniel!!) but I like the photo as it shows both eyes clearly.

I love black dogs! But number 3 is a stunner in my very humble opinion :)

Number 1 for me also. The other two are good but look just a touch over processed. The haughty look in the first one is great - makes me think of Nile's maris!

You made it so hard - I would have been pleased to have taken any of them. Technically difficult is the black lab - to get the detail still keeping the contrast, but being a softie, the spaniel wins for just the appealing look.

I cant decide between 1 and 3
So number 2, because I love labs :D
Nice shots all (y)

Back