Doha

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Doha is home for now, and it's one off the brashest and oddest places I've ever been. Some of it is very tacky, some of it quite imaginative. Mostly it's ostentatious and tacky.

West Bay Panorama by Jon Bowles, on Flickr

West Bay at night by Jon Bowles, on Flickr

Corniche by Jon Bowles, on Flickr

This is my favourite building in Doha, the Museum of Islamic Art, designed by I M Pei

MIA and West Bay by Jon Bowles, on Flickr

Stairway by Jon Bowles, on Flickr

Arches by Jon Bowles, on Flickr

View with a room by Jon Bowles, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not that I give a toss about global warming but I'd like to see the carbon footprint of that place;)

Quite striking pictures.

Qatar is second in the world in carbon footprint per capita according to the WWF, having just lost top spot to Kuwait after holding it for five years. “… if all people on the planet had the footprint of the average resident of Qatar, we would need 4.8 planets,” the WWF report says. UAE comes third. Bizarrely, they've just introduced a fine of 20 000 QAR (£3100) for leaving any lights in your house on after 7:30 in the morning, in an attempt to supposedly reduce CO2 emissions. As you can see from the pics, it's unlikely to have much impact on overall emissions.

Last edited:
Jon, nice set. I like no 5 the best.

#6 for me, though I do like the whole set. I like 6 in particular because of the city skyline in the background framed within the arches. Very nice.

Lol sorry I cannot count, I should have said no 6.

Back