Dramatic skies over fields in Dorset

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to take some sunset shots last night (first time in a while, was great to be back) and while the sun itself did disappear behind clouds i was treated to a stunning and dramatic sky like no other i have seen, well in the time i have been taken pictures (7 months). Anyway enough waffle here they are:

1)
5905123824_886811ba8f_b.jpg

2)
5904549973_7edfc94f49_b.jpg

3)
5905095874_5673085f60_b.jpg

4)
5905079320_6293ea80fb_b.jpg

Before i get accused of over processing the sky was really amazing but yes i have boosted it a bit in lightroom. C+C Welcomed and encouraged :)

Hiya Paul,

Wow these are absolutely stunning, love the vibrant colours and the cloudy skies.

Just the sort of scene and photo I can spend hours looking at.

Well done.

Cheers

Dawn :)

No.2 for me. Absolutely stunning. Great colours. Still not got out for a sunset yet. Can't wait to try.

No1 and No2 are stunning (y)

Did you use some false colour on it, doesn't matter if you did still stunning

Thanks a lot, nope no false colour or anything was used. Just a graduated filter on lightroom and brought the clarity up were the main changes.

Number three is pretty good as well though.

Thanks

number 1 and 2 are amazing!!

great work (y)

Thanks a lot :)

Hiya Paul,

Wow these are absolutely stunning, love the vibrant colours and the cloudy skies.

Just the sort of scene and photo I can spend hours looking at.

Well done.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks a lot for your comment, much appreciated :)

No.2 for me. Absolutely stunning. Great colours. Still not got out for a sunset yet. Can't wait to try.

Thanks a lot, get out there and get snapping, look forward to seeing them :)

Number 1 is very nice. Good stuff matey..

Cheers

Really warm and rich colours.

#2 is my favourite. I really like the detail throughout, especially in the foreground field. parts of the sky seem over exposed on this PC.

Not sure about the fence in #4 but nice sky.

Did you use any filters? I can just see some ghosting/fringing (not sure of the correct term) on the horizon.

Cheers.

Now that is a dramatic sky, talk about 'in yer face', all very good except No3, the sun is too central for my eyes.

Love them

Love No1, but all very good (y)

Thanks very much :)

wow, number 1 and 2 are great.

Really warm and rich colours.

#2 is my favourite. I really like the detail throughout, especially in the foreground field. parts of the sky seem over exposed on this PC.

Not sure about the fence in #4 but nice sky.

Did you use any filters? I can just see some ghosting/fringing (not sure of the correct term) on the horizon.

Cheers.

I used a polariser filter on all the shots but thats it. I agree with #4 im not a massive fan of it but though i would still post it anyway. Thanks a lot anyway :)

Now that is a dramatic sky, talk about 'in yer face', all very good except No3, the sun is too central for my eyes.

Thanks a lot

I like the colours in these, and the texture of the foregrount grass in pics 2 and 3 give a soft welcoming feel to the photos.

Thanks very much

No1 gets my vote as favourite, great shot(y) I prefer it as it's a little more balanced than the others and the foreground is really strong

Simon

Thanks a lot, i have to agree that #1 is my fav to :)

No1 gets my vote as well, it's absolutely stunning. Great work!

Ta muchly

Number 1 & 2 are fantastic

Once again thanks a lot

OMG :eek::eek:

Number one is just perfection :love:

Seriously well done here mate. Honestly you should be selling this framed it'd look pure class (y)

Thanks very much, im tempted to get onto some canvas or something like that but selling them would be nice to haha.

I have never quite got quite so much positive feedback like this for a photo i have taken, really delighted and much appreciated.

Nice set, hard to pick one but i'd probably choose #4 for the contrast and #2 for the warm colour brilliance (y)

All lovely pictures. I would love #2 as a desktop background, I could look at it all day!

I'm liking number one, good composition, sky (of course), and nice variety of colour. The way the deep stalks of the wheat are lit looks great and also boosts the overall composition. Did you use any fill flash?

Sorry but the others just don't do it for me. There's some funky stuff going on in the sky, presumably where you have burned it to rescue highlights- each one has a patch of dark tones around the sun which stands out to me. The darker clouds are darker than they should be in comparison to the rest of the scenes, but also the compositions lack the strength of the first image.

Regardless, I'd be more than pleased with just the first :)

I think they are all fantastic nice work matey

Ta :)

Great set. I'm joining most people to say that #1 & 2 are spot on.

:eek:Fantastic set of photographs

Thanks a lot

I'm liking number one, good composition, sky (of course), and nice variety of colour. The way the deep stalks of the wheat are lit looks great and also boosts the overall composition. Did you use any fill flash?

Sorry but the others just don't do it for me. There's some funky stuff going on in the sky, presumably where you have burned it to rescue highlights- each one has a patch of dark tones around the sun which stands out to me. The darker clouds are darker than they should be in comparison to the rest of the scenes, but also the compositions lack the strength of the first image.

Regardless, I'd be more than pleased with just the first :)

Thanks a lot, I used lightroom 2 to edit. And nope no fill in flash just used a little bit of fill light on the pp for the dark bits.

All lovely pictures. I would love #2 as a desktop background, I could look at it all day!

Feel free to use it, go to my flickr and you can download the original size if you wish :)

Nice set, hard to pick one but i'd probably choose #4 for the contrast and #2 for the warm colour brilliance (y)

Thanks a lot, first person to choose #4 i think :p im personally not such a fan of #4

Stunning and loving no 1 too...you probably put in on here somewhere but which lens did you use?

Back