Studio Dreaming

So far so good… but you're not finished just yet
— she's dressed to go to bed not to take a bath that's empty!
— the two candles are not giving much lighting support to the atmosphere of the take
— the camera angle suggest to show what's in the tub but keystone the scene then
— no towel, soap, mirror… the usual accessories when a lady goes for a bath
Technically, this could be a test shot…

So far so good… but you're not finished just yet
— she's dressed to go to bed not to take a bath that's empty!
— the two candles are not giving much lighting support to the atmosphere of the take
— the camera angle suggest to show what's in the tub but keystone the scene then
— no towel, soap, mirror… the usual accessories when a lady goes for a bath
Technically, this could be a test shot…

I'm kind of with Kodiak. It's technically competent, nicely processed and very pretty. The angles & pose work well, but..

I'm guessing you were constrained to shoot the scene and with the light you were presented with at a workshop?
It doesn't feel quite genuine and it's somewhat overlit for the understated & reflective pose.

It might have been fun to light the candles and position one very close to the lens (so it was out of focus) and use a much tighter light which just hit the face and body but not much else. And then shot a tighter crop from a lower angle. That could have felt more intimate.

Hope you don't mind, I had a very quick play to see whether I could tweak your shot to look a bit like what I'm trying to say.
Let me know - here or via PM - if you want me to take it down.

bath.jpg

happy to take all advice and tips,thanks for replying.Yes it was a workshop with limited time per shoot per tog
cheers Andy

tub11 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

i prefer it more lighter to suit the mood
the left hand candle...it conflicts with the wall
other comments above i agree
cheers
geof

Back