Critique Driftland May Weekender 4.5.14

Name
Fraser
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, back up at Driftland again over the weekend, still to process some images but here are my favourites so far. As always CC is more than welcome!

IMG_6948
by fraserjones29, on Flickr

IMG_6973

IMG_6877

IMG_6956

IMG_6945

IMG_6938

And finally some wire sparks from the tyre:

IMG_6955

More images also on my Flickr page, cheers for looking.

For critique only thing I would say is they are all fairly similarly framed.

What is drift land like for photography?

I don't know Driftland so how easy is it to look out for the background?

Some of these have pylons and JCBs which catch my eye.

Perhaps a few cropped in tight?

4 would have been a good shot if it was a bit sharper.

3 is my favourite, fairly sharp car and lots of background blur.

I don't know Driftland so how easy is it to look out for the background?

Some of these have pylons and JCBs which catch my eye.

Perhaps a few cropped in tight?

4 would have been a good shot if it was a bit sharper.

3 is my favourite, fairly sharp car and lots of background blur.

Due to the owners upgrading the circuit in the future, there are some ground works underway, hence the JCB. The Pylons are in various places around the circuit aswell which is a bit of a gutter :(

I tried to reduce shutter speeds to increase motion blur, and most were taking around 1/30-1/40 hence why not the sharpest, but ill take the cropping into consideration for next time :)

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I spoke to Knockhill about gaining accreditation for their events and was basically told that unless they employ me, i wouldnt ever get trackside. Was pretty gutted to say the least :(

I've not had any issues getting accreditation at Knockhill. As long as you have your £5M PLI insurance and a reason to be trackside there shouldn't be any problem. e.g. covering letter from the editor of a publication/media outlet stating they are going to publish your photos from the specific event, and not just your own website/blog. BSB have their own very stringent media requirements, and a few other events (maybe BDC) also have their own additional hoops to jump through.

On the whole, access around the outside to take photos is pretty good, apart from the outside of Duffus where you can still get reasonable shots with your lens against the fence.

I've not had any issues getting accreditation at Knockhill. As long as you have your £5M PLI insurance and a reason to be trackside there shouldn't be any problem. e.g. covering letter from the editor of a publication/media outlet stating they are going to publish your photos from the specific event, and not just your own website/blog. BSB have their own very stringent media requirements, and a few other events (maybe BDC) also have their own additional hoops to jump ".......

Indeed so, they did have a tighten up a couple of years ago because there were just too many folk going trackside.

Last edited:
Back