Driptography

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
No
Some drips drops and splashes for you.
Timing done with the Phototrigger Splashart kit along with 3x YN460s for lighting.

This set is done with water and antifreeze, the antifreeze gives the splash a bit more gooeyness.

Splashtastic by Colin Cameron ~ Photography ~, on Flickr

166/366 - We are all made of Stars by Colin Cameron ~ Photography ~, on Flickr

The Black Hole by Colin Cameron ~ Photography ~, on Flickr

Filter Splash by Colin Cameron ~ Photography ~, on Flickr

dp2 by Colin Cameron ~ Photography ~, on Flickr

dp5 by Colin Cameron ~ Photography ~, on Flickr

Fantastic work! I love 1 and 2. I would love to see your set up for this.

What's your technique for capturing. Do you put camera in continuous and fire away or just try and time it with single shot. Really like the set. Looking to give this a go.

What's your technique for capturing. Do you put camera in continuous and fire away or just try and time it with single shot. Really like the set. Looking to give this a go.

I used to use a laser gate but now I use a splashart kit, it takes alot of tweaking but very rewarding once you get the timing right

number 5 is amazing! The splashart kit looks amazing and really cool to use but £180!?!? not sure i could stretch that rather than putting it towards glass!

Last edited:
Some nice shots! Added you as a contact on Flickr :)

I did try anti-freeze once but never noticed much difference...

These are all stunning (y) Thanks for posting.
Would have never thought of anti freeze!

Super images. I have just ordered a similar type of kit myself and cant wait for it to arrive

Stan

Excellent images, love no 6 and 5 is a close second, I just find the bubble on the rim a little distracting

Bill

Just wondering how you achieved the different colours in the last two - looking for tips in preparation for my own efforts:)

Stan

They are great but 5&6 are special.

Really inspiring images great(y)

wow!! just posted my first attempts at similar, but these blow them away!! Nice one, back to the drawing board for me!!

these are the biz. Love 'em. As someone else said earlier, the Photo SplashArt kit is great but at £180.... Could be something to buy, use for a month or two (go mad shooting droplets) and then throw it on eBay, or indeed on this forum.
Does anyone know of any cheaper set ups.

these are the biz. Love 'em. As someone else said earlier, the Photo SplashArt kit is great but at £180.... Could be something to buy, use for a month or two (go mad shooting droplets) and then throw it on eBay, or indeed on this forum.
Does anyone know of any cheaper set ups.

I'm not sure if there a cheaper full kit available in uk, it is expensive but what the hell ain't in photography. I keep going back to mine and getting hours of fun and 100s of images out of it anyway so it was a good buy for me

Love them all, i'm tryin to do the same style of pics but i'm using camera axe as a controller :)

Back