Dslr Bag with 4 Lenses

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

I'm looking for a bag preferably a rucksack kinda bag for travelling wise and also one that has strap that can hold a tripod.

I really wouldn't know what type of bag to go for as for waterproofing and general layout of them. I've seen a few Lowepro one's in store of a local camera shop but they didn't really have much of a variety to look at.

Hope you guys can help.

Cheers

Not sure what the current incarnation of LowePro's MiniTrekker is called but mine holds a D700, 12-24, 24-120, 70-300, 8, 50 & 105 with space for extras like batteries, filters, cards etc.. IMO you can never have a bag that holds too much - the only problem is carrying the bl**dy thing when it's full (well, I say only - affording to fill the bl**dy thing is another!!!)

Not sure what the current incarnation of LowePro's MiniTrekker is called but mine holds a D700, 12-24, 24-120, 70-300, 8, 50 & 105 with space for extras like batteries, filters, cards etc.. IMO you can never have a bag that holds too much - the only problem is carrying the bl**dy thing when it's full (well, I say only - affording to fill the bl**dy thing is another!!!)

The lowepro's do look good and fell like they could be used for years! I think i was looking at the trekker ones in store, they had a mini version but the mini version didn't look like it would carry all that! ;) And a point on the last bit you said when it's full, do you use all of your kit when your out? I mean ive only got into photography over the last year or so and haven't really gone out as much as ive wanted to but when i have, ive gone out based on one thing really.

ive just bought a tamrac expedition 5 from the classifieds here and its great.
loads of room and plenty of pockets etc, and it holds a tripod on the back no problem.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-tamrac-expedition-5x-backpack-black-ta5585/p1008576

hope that helps

Nice bag, snug fit which is what i like.

I was looking at this one on ebay: HERE but im not too sure on durability. Its the Daytour 180...

Hi All,

I'm looking for a bag preferably a rucksack kinda bag for travelling wise and also one that has strap that can hold a tripod.

I really wouldn't know what type of bag to go for as for waterproofing and general layout of them. I've seen a few Lowepro one's in store of a local camera shop but they didn't really have much of a variety to look at.

Hope you guys can help.

Cheers

I've a Lowepro Mini Trekker as well and it's great, it will hold a DSLR and 4 lenses (obviously, depending on what the lenses are - size wise etc), has a Tripod carrying facility on the front, with some good pockets for extra bits. Has a waterproof cover for if / when required.

It's been replaced now with the Pro Runner, which comes in a few different sizes, so you can choose one to suit your needs...

Hope it's a bit of help...

Not sure what the current incarnation of LowePro's MiniTrekker is called .......

F-stop Loka is without a doubt the most comfortable rucksack I have owned. I can carry alot more weight in it than my old Lowepro Vertex. I like & use Lowepro for lens cases, top loader etc but I can never see myself going back to a their rucksacks.

There are hundreds of bags on the market, dozens of backpacks of all shapes, sizes and styles. One of the reasons they all survive is because every outfit is different, every photographer is different, and we all have different needs.

Go to the websites (Lowepro, Tamrac, ThinkTank, Kata etc etc) and check the internal dimensions.

Reactions: Nod
Sean, if I'm going out with the kit, I tend to take the lot since Nod's law states that if anything gets left on the shelf, it'll be the piece of kit that's needed most! If it's a bright day, the 50mm probably won't get used but it's so light that it may as well stay where it lives.
This is the loaded bag a few years back...
DSC00129 by gpn63, on Flickr

Thanks for all replys and suggestions!

x2 on the 400aw will certainly check it out.

I currently have:
700d
Canon 50
Sigma 10-20
Tamron 70-300
And the Sigma 105

Need to buy one sooner rather than later with the weathers looking good!

And i see what your saying nod, better to have and not need than not have and need! :)

Even carrying the full kit, I usually find I have the wrong lens fitted when a shot presents itself! These days I tend to carry a 2 body kit with an 18-55 on one body and a 55-200 on the other, leaving an 18mm and 60mm prime in the bag for more specific jobs. It helps that the system I now favour for carrying around is a Fuji CSC system so rather lighter than the FF DSLR option! FWIW, the Fuji system all fits in a much smaller LowePro Nova 4 bag, including a couple of flashes, a bean bag (Pod), remotes and some other odds'n'sods.

I have a LowePro Pro Runner 350AW which will easily take all the kit you list.
However, I bought it from spec without actually seeing it, and when it arrived my reaction was "I'll never be able to carry that with all my gear in it!" and it has remained unused.
I now use either the LowePro Flipside 300 if I don't want to take a lot of stuff, or the LowePro Flipside 400AW if I need more kit.
Basically I keep the 300 with my wider-angle lenses and the 400 has my longer tele lenses.
I quite like the Flipside design concept, with the "back entry" for security, plus if you need to put it down in a wet or dirty place to get stuff out, you don't put the messy bit next to you when you put it back on.

BTW my Pro Runner 350AW is for sale, unused and in original packing...

Just had a thought... do you guys carry fluid flasks with your bags? Or carry a pair of binoculars?

Ill probably have a flask at times aswell. Forgot to mention my tripod too. If im going out for the day then obviously ill just take my main kit but for Astrophotography i like to take some coffee and my bino's out with me. :)

Does the 350 have any side pockets for a flask?

Think i may go for the 400 as i like its back entry, side pockets for a flask and has loads of room inside. Liking the way you can strap to your waist meaning you can swivel the bag round and grab your kit on the go.

Good decision?

Always been happy with mine, front pocket could be bigger for sarnies, waterproof etc although you can use the fitted straps to lash a jacket over the top of the bag

Also find it helps if you remove the head from the tripod when its strapped to the back of the bag, balances better that way

All in all its a well thought out backpack, secure and because of the back opening the part laid down on muddy ground doesn't end up against your back.

Suppose its biggest con is no designated laptop storage, doesn't matter to me, but to some it might

Last edited:
Back