DSLR Insurance

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought a new lens which has taken my equipment total up a few quid and i'm going to florida for a fortnight in August, so I think it's time I thought about getting some insurance. I'm only an amateur so don't need any fancy liablility or professional cover, just enough to replace my £700's worth of gear (pretty measly by many of your standards, I know, but still a lot to be out of pocket).

Any Recommended insurers? :shrug:

Cheers. (y)
James.

I phoned my home insurance company before flying out last year James, I was covered up to £2K

Worth a call.

phoned my home insurance company, i got £1000 unspecified cover for £12

No luck with the contents insurers. £100 excess for any theft, and no accidental cover.

Any recommended insurers?

I recently took out a policy with E and L, until I read the horror stories floating around the web, and promptly canceled. In the end I took the rather more drastic step of switching my home contents to Hiscox - their coverage is far wider than my previous Natwest policy, fewer exclusions / security requirements and no need to specify expensive cameras as separate items etc.

They also as standards cover *all* your possessions anywhere in the world for up to 60 days (not sure about the duration without checking).

All this for little more than the E and L specific policy, and a big saving overall when you take into account I can cancel my old contents policy.

Back