Beginner Duck

Well, the focus looks good - so the obvious point is the dappled shade - obviously not much you can do about that!
I'd say 1 has the better pose as it's profile shot.
Otherwise, the usual comments are get lower down too, so rather than looking down, you look across - again, not always practical!!

#1 is the better shot for me - the eye has the catchlight which brings life to the duck :)

As Gavin mentioned - getting down level will help if you can do it. It helps get more distance between subject and background so helps issolate the main focus of the shot.

There are heavy shadows and bright areas due to the light - better avoided if possible but it can't always be.

Dave.

Well, the focus looks good - so the obvious point is the dappled shade - obviously not much you can do about that!
I'd say 1 has the better pose as it's profile shot.
Otherwise, the usual comments are get lower down too, so rather than looking down, you look across - again, not always practical!!

Thanks for taking the time to look and feedback, unfortunately I couldn't get any lower but will remember this for future shots.

#1 is the better shot for me - the eye has the catchlight which brings life to the duck :)

As Gavin mentioned - getting down level will help if you can do it. It helps get more distance between subject and background so helps issolate the main focus of the shot.

There are heavy shadows and bright areas due to the light - better avoided if possible but it can't always be.

Dave.
Thanks for taking the time to look and comment, I will remember here tips for the next shots.

I agree - a lower point of view could have made these a lot better

Not always easy to get level, but worth giving it a go - Just for future reference the duck is a Female Mallard

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back