Critique Duel FIt vs Mi Gym - The Duel

Name
Christian
Edit My Images
Yes
This was my first attempt at doing sports event photography, ii agreed the processing style with the owner prior so if its a little grainy thats the look he wanted but processing tips are always welcomed. I found this a struggle to do as i didnt want to miss anything bit once i got in the flow of it i had a really good day! any tips and feedback are more than welcomed :D

plenty more on the flickr if your interested

Christian - super set & I really love the PP as it captures the grittiness of the day. I assume the participants enjoy this sort of thing ---- mmm ---- I'd sooner look at pics of them than be taking part. I can't offer any tips as I'm not expert enough but they look really good to me (y)

Great set and great PP

The only thing I'd add is when I do that style I normally overwarm the white balance (and lower the saturation slightly). Try it and see on a couple - it normally adds even more to the grittiness :)

I upped the clarity and lowered the exposure a little for a grittier feel on a shoot recently.
worked out okay.
didn't do that for a gym shoot as it was supposed to be all nice light, and smiling faces

I like your set. you get the tone of the hard work going on

Nice processing, not a fan of the slanty images though and I'm not getting a real feeling of "attempt" with the fitness people, sweat, bulging veins etc.. would be maybe more suited to this type of capture? Perhaps you have some in the full set that you havent posted? :)

much better ones on your flickr stream :)

Thanks for taking the time to look mate, was on the fence with the slanty images myself to be honest. some of the reference ones I was shown as a brief had a slant so I tried to get as close as I could on a few. I think I may have to go through my rejects as I've binned a few images where there really showing strain. If I get another chance I'll deffo try to get more of that type of shot and less of them looking 'pretty' :D your boxing ones are great by the way, stonking technique !

I like the colours, and on the couple that do look 'gritty' it seems subtle and just right.
The flesh tones are nicely underdone.
The two of running on the pavement don't seem to fit in so well, colour or processing -wise.

Back