Dukes Pass, Aberfoyle, Trossachs

Maybe too much grass & bracken in the foreground?
A crop off the bottom might make the misty treeish scene more appealing.
(but it might not)

A crop from the bottom and the top to make this a panorama improves this shot IMO.

my apologies as well meant to out a smilie after it.

There is never a need to be blunt to the point of being rude - it would have been less offensive if some reasons for the 'opinion' had been given.

Drove up there just last week and found it's an amazing road to drive in a two seater RWD convertable :)

Moving on topic and to critique - I have to agree the foreground is fairly uneventful and may well be improved with a slight crop. As for the top, and yes again perhaps a slight crop may well help there as well, but the OP has managed to capture that rare event known as "Scotch Mist" exceptionally well ;)

All in all it's not too bad a shot - there's a fair bit of conflicting colour in there when presented in the correct light.

This section of the pass always presents me with the same problem you seem to have encountered Peter. You are surrounded by stunning scenery but where to point the camera is never obvious if you know what I mean. Further down you have Loch Achray etc but a couple of miles up, it's all masses of dark green and dead bracken. Having said all that, I like the shot as the mist adds a bit of atmosphere!

Back