Duncansby Head Lighthouse

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
So I went for a drive and ended up at John o' Groats around sunrise and took many pictures including this one.

Opinions on improvement or general love/hate are welcome.

IMG_8399.jpg

It's a good one Neil and I'd be happy as it is. I see there is still some detail in the wall of the building and it might be worth playing with levels to bring the deatila up a bit. You might still prefer this version, but possibly worth a try?

Cheers Peter. I'll give it a go. I took this a few months ago but I still have the raw file.

I keep meaning to go back and see what I can do with older photos but never seem to get the chance.

Yes I like that

I think it works with the building in silhouette and that's a lovely sky capture

Might just be my eyes but the building looks slightly leaning to the right which if so could be easily corrected in PP

Maybe bringing some of the foreground detail back or losing and inch off the bottom? Beautiful sky though and great silhouette.

Thanks, I've not had a chance to get back on this picture yet but it is on my "to do soon" list.
I never thought of cropping it at the bottom. I'll do that first.

A great silhouette and I agree with the others - a little detail in the black might be better. Some drive from Glasgow :)

Cheers Dave.

Yeah that was a long day, started with sunset pictures at the forth bridges then some dinner. I then still had the mood so I checked to see where I could get to for sunrise. I spent maybe 45 mins to an hour there and then drove back.

Well worth it though

So I had another bash at the picture. I tried to bring out some more detail and gave it a crop.

Lighthouse001.jpg

Back