Dungeness

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a little trip to Dungeness today.

First time I have ever been there. Would have preferred to have spent more time there, but had to shoot off.

Still trying to get the hand of landscape stuff :shrug: as well as PP

77 by Adam Evans Photography, on Flickr

52 by Adam Evans Photography, on Flickr

34 by Adam Evans Photography, on Flickr

31 by Adam Evans Photography, on Flickr

22 by Adam Evans Photography, on Flickr

14 by Adam Evans Photography, on Flickr

Annoyingly I also found out my sensor needs cleaning... Only cleaned it the other week :thumbsdown:

Adam

Nice shots, Adam. It looks like a great place to take photos.

My favourite is No. 22 : I like what you've done with the colours.

Yes, number 22 I really like the processing. Some of the others appear a little washed out and lacking in contrast and vibrancy on my screen?

Hi Adam,

This is a great, though challenging, location, and for your first time there you've done pretty well. I also think (and this might sound odd) that the weather and/or time of day hasn't been kind to you - for this place to really sing you need some mood and overpowering conditions to really make the place seem like it's the end of the World (or the UK at least!).

The images show us much of what Dungeness is famous for; isolated, decaying fishing boats and the swathes of shingle dotted with some of the more unususal plants that abound there.

A couple of things straight away that are worthy of comment - you need to keep an eye on the horizons in some of these (unless they were deliberately skewed? In which case, make them very skewed to overcome confusion!) and the White Balance looks at odds across a number of them, unless you've tweaked this in PP?

Favourites in this set have to be #22 for the lovely saturated colours in both the sky and the boat, as well as the composition; and #31 which is a good conversion of the previous image but which I would have liked a touch more contrast or a slight adjustment in Curves to both deepen the blacks a little and give a fraction moer definition between the sky and the sea in that bright area to the right - it's there in the colour version but just blends together in the B&W one.

Finally, good to see you managed to avoid the Power Station - it adds something of an ever present stamp to the location and managing to get these without including that was a good day!

Thanks for posting and hopefully see some more from there from you.

Hi Adam,

This is a great, though challenging, location, and for your first time there you've done pretty well. I also think (and this might sound odd) that the weather and/or time of day hasn't been kind to you - for this place to really sing you need some mood and overpowering conditions to really make the place seem like it's the end of the World (or the UK at least!).

The images show us much of what Dungeness is famous for; isolated, decaying fishing boats and the swathes of shingle dotted with some of the more unususal plants that abound there.

A couple of things straight away that are worthy of comment - you need to keep an eye on the horizons in some of these (unless they were deliberately skewed? In which case, make them very skewed to overcome confusion!) and the White Balance looks at odds across a number of them, unless you've tweaked this in PP?

Favourites in this set have to be #22 for the lovely saturated colours in both the sky and the boat, as well as the composition; and #31 which is a good conversion of the previous image but which I would have liked a touch more contrast or a slight adjustment in Curves to both deepen the blacks a little and give a fraction moer definition between the sky and the sea in that bright area to the right - it's there in the colour version but just blends together in the B&W one.

Finally, good to see you managed to avoid the Power Station - it adds something of an ever present stamp to the location and managing to get these without including that was a good day!

Thanks for posting and hopefully see some more from there from you.

Thanks for the input...

I agree with the time of day, the results could possibly have been better with more clouds and not being so bright.
Horizons were not meant to be off, its something I need to work on... I did find every time I leant down to the tripod it moved in the shingles :bonk:

As for white balance, I think I may have messed it up a bit in the PP

Back