Dungeness

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
After Several years of waiting finally got the chance to visit Dungeness

Have to say its an amazing and very bizarre place like something/somewhere out of history.

Left at around Midnight and was hoping to catch some night shots of the milkyway but alas wasnt to be so settled for sunrise there

apologies for the number of pics. i try to limit to 3 or 4 but couldnt decide which ones to post.

9229186639_44e5bb6338_c.jpg

9381762216_b2fccfc8da_c.jpg

9229177869_546542cbe6_c.jpg

9231957664_fec0002c39_c.jpg

9256021622_2ca0fbbbd7_c.jpg

9239033422_0bed5b067f_c.jpg

9231952554_8d62a20603_c.jpg

9231949850_c62d7890d2_c.jpg

Very nice no 2 is a cracker:)

not bad apart for the Halo effect around the boats and hut a bit to much pp

Some nice pictures. Not sure I like the HDR shots but do like the 2nd one, a simple elegant image.

cant decide but i will go blind with 6 as a masterpiece in pp...which i like more than just out of the camera stuff if it lends itself to it
which it usually does but no one really has the nerve to break the out of the camera protocol or admit there are possibilities with every shot...turd or no

These are nice but agree with previous poster about the halos. Some look over sharpened to me too.

Great Set

I'm only ten minutes away, I must go and shoot some myself

I think the boathouse and the silhouetted boat could be excellent shots if the PP was toned down a bit. The halos and 'radioactive colours' are a bit off putting but that of course is a personal thing.

Congrats on the Highly commended for 'winter warmth' it was well deserved

#2 is a stand-out shot, not surprised it has been noticed - I agree with the comments on OTT processing ... there are some great images there clamouring to get out (personal opinion of course) :)

many thanks for the comments, i'll probably go back to the raw files of a few of them at some point ( as is always the way ). happens quite a lot where take images then when i get home and view them on the laptop i tend to be dissapointed and end up over processing them.. if i leave them to sit untouched for a few weeks calm ensues and the results are much better.
Probably my biggest downfall is my PP editing skills.. still much to learn in that area..even layers baffle me and as fr things like brushes, masking dodge and burn etc. its all foreign.

That's a nice set. I think number 6 could be spectacular if the HDR settings were turned down a little. The cloud above the sun looks great.

a slightly more muted version of number 6.. must go back to all of these are see what i can do to improve them.

9229190739_ee7d5d3666_c.jpg

toned down the silhouette one and also added a new shot which is a more of a duo tone with desaturated colours at the bottom while still retaining a hint of the rising sun at dawn in the sky

14529313675_16aa3cf073_c.jpg

14529316785_779e5959f3_c.jpg

I do like the board walk image, the muted tones of the wood and the lines leading to award the colours of the sunrise.

I like the boardwalk image too Dean, but the horizon has a halo line the whole length which does rather draw the eye.

I like the boardwalk image too Dean, but the horizon has a halo line the whole length which does rather draw the eye.
odd cos im looking at the full screen res on flickr and cant see it.. what i can see bottom left is the very beginning of the sun rising ( a tiny pink dot ) and you can just catch the reflection in the water ( theres actually about an inch of water between pebbles and sky so maybe thats causing the halo effect on the smaller image )

Love them all. :)

Stunning images. Dunginess is a really weird place for sure.

Back