Critique Dunseverick Waterfall, Antrim

I like it. I love LE's but for me the exposure is a little too long as the water over some of the rocks and the pool in front of it look a bit too translucent. The sky / clouds are great

I really like that! I have a soft spot for this type of water effect. Did you use a ND filter?

I really like the tones and textures in this picture, especially around the centre of the frame. The composition works well for me, too - my eye tumbles down the waterfall from the top to the bottom in a satisfying way, because of the great visual rhythm. There's also a nice contrast between the smooth, smooth water and the crisp details in the wet rocks.

I find that the grass, fence and sky, though, feel like they've come from another picture.

What prompted the B&W conversion? Is the colour version just the usual "Britain in winter" colours (i.e. grey, greyish blue, greyish-green, and a bit more grey)?

I really like the tones and textures in this picture, especially around the centre of the frame. The composition works well for me, too - my eye tumbles down the waterfall from the top to the bottom in a satisfying way, because of the great visual rhythm. There's also a nice contrast between the smooth, smooth water and the crisp details in the wet rocks.

I find that the grass, fence and sky, though, feel like they've come from another picture.

What prompted the B&W conversion? Is the colour version just the usual "Britain in winter" colours (i.e. grey, greyish blue, greyish-green, and a bit more grey)?

The waterfall is at the end of a muddy river and the water just looked an awful shade of brown in the colour version.

You seem to have really mastered the waterfall shot.
As with your other post; this is a cracker.

Back