Durdle Door Milkyway (re-edit of old data)

Name
Si
Edit My Images
Yes
One taken last year that I edited (badly) at the time. This was my first and so far only go at photographing the Milkyway. I've done more nighttime photography since but mostly DSO's and played around with editing a bit more so thought I'd have another go at editing this. It's flawed due to the noise levels and having to go OTT with the processing due to the quality of the shots I did get - shot at ISO 6400 and a few relatively short exposures shot without a tracker and then stacked in PP.

Despite its flaws it reminds me of a lovely night spent out under the stars. Hopefully it will serve as motivation to get out there again if/when the chance presents itself

Durdle Door Milkyway portrait - re-edit by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Last edited:
Excellent work, well done indeed :)

Whats not to like about that , fantastic shot with good composition and well done on the P.P :clap:

Coho - Blue

It looks lovely on my screen Si. Well done :D
Thanks Alan, it's not bad on mine either! Actually had this one printed, which is a rarity for me and it's not turned out badly
Nice work mate. Such a great energy zapping location to get to though! :p
Thanks Lee - yes, it is! Needed a few hours on the beach before I was ready to contemplate the climb back up.. We'd been down on the beach with the kids during the day and over to Lulworth Cove on foot so it was my third trip down/back up that day!
Excellent work, well done indeed :)
Thanks Jak!
Thanks Tim :)
Whats not to like about that , fantastic shot with good composition and well done on the P.P :clap:

Coho - Blue
Thanks Harry, much appreciated :)

That's a fantastic shot from where I'm looking! Great composition to...... I really need to get out and try this myself :)

Beautiful shot, it's a classic for a reason. This is on my bucket list and shots like this inspire me to make the effort for a night down there next year.
Thanks Alan, it's a lovely place to spend a night if the conditions play ball. Plenty of photographers about (even at 2am) when I was there so good company too. The only downside is the long/steep trek back up the hill!

Now, that’s a picture! Well done, and thanks for sharing it with us.

Back