Durham Bandstand`

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
No
Not a wall hanger by any stretch of the imagination but I haven't been out or posted anything on here for ages.

Headed out hoping for a lovely sunset but the sun dropped behind a huge band of cloud ruining that idea. This was taken just before when the light was nice and low.

Just playing about with a new lens really, 24mm TSE ii. This is taken with a 1.4x extender, shifted 8mm left from centre, then 8mm right from centre and stitched in PTGui.

Durham Bandstand by oROSSo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Ross the new lens has soaked it up nicely, graet record shot indeed this is crying out for a dawn shoot with maybe some mist that as you already know of is hanging around etc when it come to rivers.

Hi Ross the new lens has soaked it up nicely, graet record shot indeed this is crying out for a dawn shoot with maybe some mist that as you already know of is hanging around etc when it come to rivers.
Yer I already have this spot earmarked for an early morning shot. Think it would be nice with snow too.

It always does that doesnt it! best laid plans an all that if it wasnt for that cloud bank!!! Would be great if you could get the sun hitting the bandstand in the early morning or evening. As Kev says your new Lens is doing a lovely job. Great location, nice shot in the soft light here Ross. Hope its not too far for you to get too when you dash out for that Sunset shot;).
Also looks like it has some nice potential with the river there to pick up a good reflection when its still.

It always does that doesnt it! best laid plans an all that if it wasnt for that cloud bank!!! Would be great if you could get the sun hitting the bandstand in the early morning or evening. As Kev says your new Lens is doing a lovely job. Great location, nice shot in the soft light here Ross. Hope its not too far for you to get too when you dash out for that Sunset shot;).
Also looks like it has some nice potential with the river there to pick up a good reflection when its still.
cheers Steve. Its about a 5-10 minute drive then a short 5 minute walk along the river. The water is never still thanks to the university rowing teams. I'd like a shot with some rowers in but again, due to that bank of cloud there wasn't enough light to shoot that fast without bumping the ISO way up. Still, its a nice spot with plenty of potential throughout the year.

Back