E Bay advice

Bob

Name
Faithless
Edit My Images
No
Found some stuff on e bay contacted seller by messages and we agreed a price for it rather than wait for end of auction can anyone tell me/us how I can pay him as he wants to use paypal and I cant find a way to pay him if that makes sense
Bob

I'm assuming you can actually use PayPal? Then it's up to him to send you an invoice, through eBay.

Found some stuff on e bay contacted seller by messages and we agreed a price for it rather than wait for end of auction can anyone tell me/us how I can pay him as he wants to use paypal and I cant find a way to pay him if that makes sense
Bob

Remember, if you trade outwith ebay you lose what little protection they offer you and if they catch you they can ban both of you.

If you want to go ahead anyway, get the seller to send you a Paypal invoice.

To make a payment to somebody all you need is their paypal emal address but for safetys sake you're better asking the guy to send you a bill first.

He can also either change his auction to include a BIN price which you have both agreed - you need to make sure you are talking to one another as he does it, so you can see it stiaght away and no-one else picks it up, the other way is for you to place a bid to the limit you both agreed and I think he can end the auction early and sell to you that way, sending you an invoice with the agreed amount on (y)

I imagine the Seller wants to avoid Ebay fees though.. so is probably unwilling to do that.

Unless its someone will rock solid feedback I'd be a bit reluctant to send money to some random Paypal address not associated with the Ebayer seller.

Im sure everything will be fine but as I have been stung in the past..... if you use paypal outside of ebay then you have virtually no rights, if they send you a box of straw paypal wont care, their only obligation is that the item turns up, if it is fake, broken or anyhting like that they do not assist in any way.

He can also either change his auction to include a BIN price which you have both agreed - you need to make sure you are talking to one another as he does it, so you can see it stiaght away and no-one else picks it up, the other way is for you to place a bid to the limit you both agreed and I think he can end the auction early and sell to you that way, sending you an invoice with the agreed amount on (y)

What he says, Done it a couple of times now, safest option.

I don't think you allow to do that on ebay.
But sometimes I do.

I make a private auction for the buyer. Like auction name "Private auction for 'buyer'"
Then make it as a auction from 1pound
and postage of would be total agreed price - 1 pound.
Then you search the auction out and place 1 pound
then the seller end the auction
then can avoid the fees. the seller only have to pay around less than 1 pound

But this kind of stuff have to do quickly.!
As there is somebody working from ebay looking around on these stuff and make restriction of your account.

Or can try ask the seller to make postage 1 pound as well
and add the total agreed price - 2 pounds in additional later.

Hope can help you out.!

Back