E-Cigarettes

Thanks for taking the time to respond, definately an ni 60-70w ni200 head which came with the tank although if I dial in the 350w it will keep firing although little bubbles where I'm guessing it's drinking the juice? I only see the F symbol if I try and go above 350 which switches it to Fahrenheit.

I used to use the highest nic content I could get hold of, usually 18 or 24mg in the old pro tanks, I've gone for 12 on this one but would dropping a nic level make it a smoother hit?

I guess it's playing with the air intake and finding a temp/wattage that works but at the mo it's just too much lol, never thought I would say that after 30 a day.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, definately an ni 60-70w ni200 head which came with the tank although if I dial in the 350w it will keep firing although little bubbles where I'm guessing it's drinking the juice? I only see the F symbol if I try and go above 350 which switches it to Fahrenheit.

I used to use the highest nic content I could get hold of, usually 18 or 24mg in the old pro tanks, I've gone for 12 on this one but would dropping a nic level make it a smoother hit?

I guess it's playing with the air intake and finding a temp/wattage that works but at the mo it's just too much lol, never thought I would say that after 30 a day.

Yeh it does take a little experimenting to find the sweet spot Ryan,are you making sure you lock the atomiser resistance?Best to do that from when the coil has cooled right down.I also note that you have the .2ohm coil in there,that could be the reason it`s knocking you back especially with 12mg.Like I say it`s a subohm tank and coil you have there,unless you were hooked on nicotine and smoking 80 plus a day :D You will find that even a lot of the hardcore smokers are using about 6 or even 3mg in those types of setups.Here is a little writeup I found for you anyhow,you might find something of interest mentioned. http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/mods/dw1986_sigelei-75w-temperature-control.html

Thank you. Have locked the resistance and will have a further play, will try get my hands on some medium nic tomorrow and start again, I want to get the nic level right as can't wait to try some of the juices on reductive as my brother raves about them...

Any other tips lol, I bought some 6mg juice today and still hitting like a train, not sure if it's just my throat lol

Any other tips lol, I bought some 6mg juice today and still hitting like a train, not sure if it's just my throat lol

Lol! Could be either,thing is it has evolved quite rapidly of late,those coils in that tank,whilst nickle and used in temp control they can still hit pretty hard.I guess you have tried it on a minimum power setting,is your setting in Celcius or Fahrenheit? I use my two somewhere between 460 - 500F.Other than that I can only suggest dropping the nic down to 3mg,if you still have the same problem then it might be worth trying a higher resistance coil in it.Hang on though I have just had a bit of a brain storm :D What ratio liquid are you using Ryan?If it`s a 50/50 PG/VG mix then I would almost guarantee that is the cause.Pg will rip your throat apart,I would suggest you need a higher VG content liquid, 70/30 or 80/20.

Just checked am using space jams starship 1 which is 70% veg, I'll try find a 100 bag juice to try

Just checked am using space jams starship 1 which is 70% veg, I'll try find a 100 bag juice to try

Mmm! All I can say mate,if you have a local shop and they know their stuff,take your kit in and explain your probs,they may well have a couple of other tanks you could try out.

Thanks matey, trouble I have at the mo is finding the time, will get something sorted as need to quit again, your help has been greatly appreciated though.

Thanks matey, trouble I have at the mo is finding the time, will get something sorted as need to quit again, your help has been greatly appreciated though.

No worries Ryan.

Anyone using one of the Joyetech E Vic -VT kits?

I've been using a Pro tank II for a long time now but really want to change to something bigger and betterer :)

I really like the look of it with the fancy paintwork but wondering if it's all just shiny and good looking or if it really works well.

Any advice gratefully received. Cheers

Hi all,
So been vaping the Ileaf 50 box mod with a Kanger Aerotank for the past few months and have to say it's an awesome bit of kit !
One drawback is the size! I find it a bit big for the pocket when I go to the pub and other outings . Any recommendations for a " tubular " type mod that's the same diameter as the Aerotank and not to long. Don't want to spend big bucks because I will use the Ileaf most of the time.
Thanks in advance
Steve

So its a sad day today, as the thread on my iStick 20w has gone, and my nautilus mini now won't connect unless i press and hold the two together.
So I am looking for a bit of advice, so far as much as whether I stick with the current set up, or move to the next step up the ladder.
I'm not looking to spend a fortune, I paid around 50 quid for my setup, and it did me absolutely fine over the course of a year.
I'm kinda curious about sub-ohming, but I don't like the sound of rebuilding wicks. I've been very happy with the simple fill and weekly clean out of the current kit. I wouldn't want to invest more time really, unless there were huge gains to be made.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should move for? Just a new battery mod, or switch to a reasonably priced sub ohm kit. My other half has the nautilus mini on an Aspire CF VV, but I prefer the boxier shape of the iStick to the pencil shape of the Aspire battery.

In answer to Steve @stevetiler - Have you considered the Aspire CF? the battery didn't last as long as my iStick, but for nights out, it is just fine, I find them a bit large to fit in a pocket though!

Have you considered the Aspire CF? the battery didn't last as long as my iStick, but for nights out, it is just fine, I find them a bit large to fit in a pocket though!

That looks really good although isn't it for low ohm atomisers? it says its for 0.3 - 1.0 ohms. My Aerotank is around the 2.3 ohms mark-would this work?

I've been running a mvp3pro and subtank mini for about 6 months now and got rid off everything else as it's easy and give enough vapour. Stock coils work great and the v2 deck is also great if you want to try building. Never find myself going over 25w and the batt last 2 plus days with heavy vaping.

Mvp was something like 32 or 42 at bold vaping.

Last edited:
Hi all,
So been vaping the Ileaf 50 box mod with a Kanger Aerotank for the past few months and have to say it's an awesome bit of kit !
One drawback is the size! I find it a bit big for the pocket when I go to the pub and other outings . Any recommendations for a " tubular " type mod that's the same diameter as the Aerotank and not to long. Don't want to spend big bucks because I will use the Ileaf most of the time.
Thanks in advance
Steve

I know a old thread but you could look at the new council of vapor mini volt. 40w comes with a 0.8 tank. Seems a nice little pocket mod and what I use when don't want to carry my 200w cuboid about if just popping out.

How you finding it?

What tank is that you using?

The missus as already taken mine. Was debating getting another but think I will give the new cuboid mini 80w a go when it arrives end of month. Just ordered a rx200 and a couple of droppers to try now. Expensive hobby this vapeing lark

Last edited:
Its a Kanger Aerotank, the mod is great! Perfect for slipping in your pocket when out and about. Good battery life too. When I'm working I use an Eleaf 50 which is great and battery lasts for days!
You're right when you say this vaping is expensive!

Last edited:
Just thought I'd post up in here to say that yesterday was my one year smoke free day!

Celebrating with a daft 200 watt vape in the Tsunami with a pair of fat parralel 24 gauge coils and Element Pink Lemonade :)

Just thought I'd post up in here to say that yesterday was my one year smoke free day!

Celebrating with a daft 200 watt vape in the Tsunami with a pair of fat parralel 24 gauge coils and Element Pink Lemonade :)
Congrats!! 3yrs for me next month, it's good to see this thread resurrected :D

So you're still smoking, just not cigarettes :p

Doesn't it burn a liquid, and you inhale the resulting vapour? Smoking doesn't just mean cigarettes or tobacco.

Nothing is burned. For something to be burned it has to lit. Liquid is heated up using an element. Nothing is combusted. This results in vapour being produced, which is pretty much identical to the steam from your kettle. Yes it has nicotine in it and flavourings but it's still steam all the same.

So if you could enlighten me as to how it is the same as smoking I would be most interested.

Nothing is burned. For something to be burned it has to lit. Liquid is heated up using an element. Nothing is combusted. This results in vapour being produced, which is pretty much identical to the steam from your kettle. Yes it has nicotine in it and flavourings but it's still steam all the same.

So if you could enlighten me as to how it is the same as smoking I would be most interested.
If you put something in your mouth, and draw in whatever, then you are in the act of "smoking" :)
My initial post was actually meant in jest.
I wasn't expecting anyone to take the hump and start getting all scientific :p;)

So how are folks feeling about the EU TPD regulations? 20th May isn't it? Anyone stocking up?

2ml child proof non-drip tanks, 20mg nic & 10ml bottles max. Liquid ingredients to be registered with MHRA (at a fee) which is doubtless going to reduce consumer choice.

Doom I tell you - doom!

grumble grumble EU grumble grumble....

More info : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/e-cigarettes-regulations-for-consumer-products

Back